Need some help on turbo gsr..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bcivicsi

Ok I have a Gsr turbo'd with CP 9:1 comp pistons, Eagle H beam rods, Walbro 255, 3 Bar map, RC 550's, SC61 turbo, Neukin ramhorn manifold and 3" downpipe, Tial 38mm wastegate, AEM EMS. Now my question is I had my car tuned with a inline pro cast manifold and 2.5 inch exhaust..I upgraded to the neukin manifold and 3" exhaust and had it retuned..When I had the cast manifold my car ran great Now after the retune with the neukin manifold I have a problem that my tuner nor anyone can figure out So I hope someone here can..When I push 100% on the throttle it feels strong but like something is holding it back then at 5500rpms something opens or turns loose and it really picks up..When in lower rpms you can hear the turbo spooling but it just dont move like it should..What could be doing this?I really need help If anyone knows Please help

bad wastegate seal...or somewhere you're losing boost. do a check on all your fittings and make sure there are no leaks.

bad wastegate seal...or somewhere you're losing boost. do a check on all your fittings and make sure there are no leaks.

How do you check to see if the wastegate seal is leaking?Why would boost kick in all the sudden at 5500rpms if there was a leak?

huge turbo just dont make boost till 5500

i had that turbo on a d16 and didnt get boost till 6200

i was looking at my original post, sorry i kinda misled you...i was talking about some sort of a vacuum problem...i can't be sure exactly...i will talk to my boss to get some more info on this for you.. as for you bitchasscracker, no boost on a d16 till 6200? bullshit. the turbo would have to be monstrous. the only way you wouldn't be totally spooled is you're demanding too much boost and have a huge turbo. don't post unless you know your shit. remember, i work on this stuff every day, day in day out. i know the perimeters of boost and how fast things take to spool. don't doubt me. anyway tell your tuner to look for a vacuum problem. i'll PM you with more info as i can get it. later

obvisely you know what your talking about that is why your posting asking for help right ??? retard

i had a sc61 57 trim and it didnt hit full boost (16psi)till 6200 i have the car and the dyno sheet to prove it so maybe you shouldnt post unless you know what your talking about.

p.s. its not my fault your a retard kick your mom in the nuts if your mad about it

look who started the thread, borat...it wasn't me...and wipe the bull shit off your lips kid...

ok...i have better things to do than argue with a know-it-all...you are not worth my time to fight with...

huge turbo just dont make boost till 5500

i had that turbo on a d16 and didnt get boost till 6200

Iam at FULL boost around 4300..If it was the turbo not making boost till 5500 then it would be smoother But believe me when I say the turbo is already spooled by then..

sounds to me like the a/f is way off. get that thing on a dyno and log the a/f. you may be too rich.

and turbo sol dont be full of yourself you just said you have to ask your boss what the problem is lmao!!

sounds to me like the a/f is way off. get that thing on a dyno and log the a/f. you may be too rich.

and turbo sol dont be full of yourself you just said you have to ask your boss what the problem is lmao!!

I have he AEM uego wideband and it reads that the a/f's are perfect 12.8 till 4800 then 11.1 from 4800 till 8500..

hows the timeing? base and what kinda retartd are you using (how many degrees per lb?) any signifcant timing changes at all?

Back