Need some help picking a B-series engine.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I go boosted GSR, start with more, end with more.

Everything is pretty relevent. The GSR swap is about a thousand more then the LS swap.

So...as my dad always says, "Six is half dozen of another"

Everything is pretty relevent. The GSR swap is about a thousand more then the LS swap.

So...as my dad always says, "Six is half dozen of another"

Sure, if you just take the first thing you find, I have seen GSR swaps for less than a D15, it's just a matter of where, and how hard you look. Regardless though, it still stands the GSR is going to be the better motor, and if he doesn't get around to boost, it will be more fun than the LS.

There are tons of bone stock 300+whp GSR's running around. I'd say if you have access to a reputable tuner, go for it.

Sure, if you just take the first thing you find, I have seen GSR swaps for less than a D15, it's just a matter of where, and how hard you look. Regardless though, it still stands the GSR is going to be the better motor, and if he doesn't get around to boost, it will be more fun than the LS.

WOW!...cheaper then a D15? I bought a GSR swap back in '98 for $3800 (which was on the cheap side then)...long story short...it came incomplete (no ECU, shift linkage, adn could tell the car was wrecked on driver's side front tire)...I got pissed off and got my money back. I went for an LS swap for $1800

I just bought my B16A fro $1900 (complete OBD1 Hydrolic) I really really wanted the GSR but the cheapest I found was $2800 and the expensive side was $3300 (rip off)

Everyone I called (recyclers and such) knows what is up with the GSR swap (at least in CA) and they act like its worth its weight in gold lol

It would be the better set up for all motor but if its turbo and the motor pops....its around three times as much for a GSR long block in comparison to an LS long block. Or he can just get a B20 long block and put the LS intake manifold on it and those motors are going for $500 all day long. That's less then a third of a GSR

But if you know the limits of the motor and/or dont worry about $$$...GSR is a sweet ass set up for sure.

dude if you're asking questions like, "which motor is best" and "what parts do I need" 'will it bolt right in" etc. etc.
you've got a looong way to go before you build any turbo motor, or any motor from the ground up for that matter. Do some research

But if you're really going to do it. Get an LS. Since it has 9:1 compression you can boost it to 10psi all day on stock internals and a good tune. But if you want to boos to 15psi like you said you're going to have to tear up either engine with new everything, so don't waste youre money on a gsr just to replace everything.

dude if you're asking questions like, "which motor is best" and "what parts do I need" 'will it bolt right in" etc. etc.
you've got a looong way to go before you build any turbo motor, or any motor from the ground up for that matter. Do some research

But if you're really going to do it. Get an LS. Since it has 9:1 compression you can boost it to 10psi all day on stock internals and a good tune. But if you want to boos to 15psi like you said you're going to have to tear up either engine with new everything, so don't waste youre money on a gsr just to replace everything.

dude how do you know you can boost 10psi on a ls all day.?? do you even know what turbo is the guy to be using??? you need to learn how turbo works, also psi don't mean shit. it all depends on the size of the turbo will require to make the amount of hp goals etc....so if you trying to help or bang on someone post you better learn how to understand turbo set first ok......:mad:

Back