1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some help wit 00si

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by SiR2000, Mar 7, 2009.

1. SiR2000

SiR2000 New Member

Car drains my battery i replace da battery and da alternator and it still fuks up, ill be driving and da car just shuts down on me feels like i got a kill swich.

2. luispequeno

luispequeno New Member

i'd get a volt meter and make sure the alternator is doing its job... then i'd go back and start thinking of the last things i did on the car that might have made a short circuit or if some lights are staying on, etc, etc... did you wire something up wrong? is what i would be asking myself...

3. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

It would be a lot easier to help you if I didnt have to decipher the damn sentance you tried to make.

1 person likes this.
  4. double0Si

double0Si ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) VIP

Seriously, is it that hard to spell THE...

But anyway. I'm not sure how the current from the alternator flows on a Civic but when my Camaro was doing the same thing it turned out that a simple $0.20 Fan fuse that blew and cut off the flow. I have know idea who engineered a fan fuse to be the breaking point for an alternator but I'd like the money and time I spent unnecisarily replacing parts back from them. Moral of the story CHECK ALL FUSES FIRST.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted