need some help with my cd burner

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chestercheeto48

VIP
hey everyone,

about a month ago I installed nero on my laptop and had some initial issues with it. I have since got that working and everything is fine except that I can't burn music cds anymore. I can run a lightscribe, burn files (.doc, .xls, etc.) just fine and can burn dvds but no more music. Everytime I try to burn one I get this messege with media player - C00D11AB: Cannot burn files to CD. I also get an error with music match burner and nero's burner as well. If any of you have a suggestion or a shot in the dark let me know.

chester

Why do I get error C00D11AB when I try to burn CDs?

This issue usually occurs because there is either a problem with the CD, or not enough computer resources are available to start or complete the burn operation.
To verify that the disc is not causing the problem, make sure that it's not dirty or damaged. You might also try using a different brand of disc.
To free up computer resources for burning, first make sure that other software programs are not running, and then select a slower burn speed for your CD burner, by doing the following:
In Windows Media Player, on the Tools menu, click Options.
On the Devices tab, click the CD burner in the Devices list, and then click the Properties button.
In the CD burner Properties dialog box, on the Recording tab, select a lower burn speed in the write-speed list.
If none of these solutions resolve the error, see article 306319, "How to Troubleshoot Audio CD Creation in Windows Media Player for Windows XP," in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. The troubleshooting steps described in this article also apply to later versions of the Player, such as Windows Media Player 9 Series or Windows Media Player 10.

i suppose your cd is prollie fine...what speed are you burning it at...try to go to a lower speed...it will take longer...but at least you know it will burn...

thanks for the info guys I have already tried the lower speeds and I know that the cds are good, so I guess I will try to reinstall the software. If you can think of anything else let me know.

chester

yeah, use windows media player...as someone else said, a file is probably corrupt.

nero or alcohol 120 is great. also, make sure you use good media and update your firmware on the burner. you can check to see if its set to UDMA and not PIO mode. Go to start, control panel, system and check your hardware. it should be under IDE. last thing i can think of is defragment your hard drive and if its a older pc, dont run anything else simulatenously because that always give me errors on my older amd rig. one last thing, try using microsofts IDE controllers, because the Nvidia nforce 4 sucked, just an example.

if all those fails, your burner is taking a shit. but dont fret, burners are cheap. newegg carries a NEC3550A which is a great drive. Or if you can, BenQ1640 are great too. If you can fork over the dough, Plextors are the way to go.

Back