Need some help with shaved gas door

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

take your gas door off, buy a peice of sheetmetal, trace the door onto the sheetmetal, cut it out, weld it in place off the door. grind the welds, fill over it and sand smooth, prime, sand, paint, and consider it the worst/gayest mod you ever did to your car

Originally posted by driver1@May 7 2005, 09:53 PM
take your gas door off, buy a peice of sheetmetal, trace the door onto the sheetmetal, cut it out, weld it in place off the door. grind the welds, fill over it and sand smooth, prime, sand, paint, and consider it the worst/gayest mod you ever did to your car
[post=496417]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

Yup, Thats the way you do it......

and consider it the worst/gayest mod you ever did to your car

VERY TRUE

Originally posted by Estorvito+May 7 2005, 09:28 PM-->
@May 7 2005, 09:53 PM
[post=496417]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

Yup, Thats the way you do it......

and consider it the worst/gayest mod you ever did to your car

VERY TRUE
[post=496423]Quoted post[/post]​

whats wrong with shaving your gas door. cuase i'm shaving my doors as well, so i'm just gonna shave everything, the antenna as well

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@May 7 2005, 09:49 PM
If you shave the gas door, how are you gonna put gas in? lmao
[post=496428]Quoted post[/post]​

where the tail light is. duhhhhhh :ufucktard:

Driver1 is the man when it comes to body mods and paint. Enough said.

Wrong frickin section.

Moving.

i shaved the moldings...but that doesn't mean I need to shave everything.

How are you going to route the neck badk to the taillight?

How do you plan to "hinge" or remove the tail light?

It's easy to shave it, but you really have to think about how you're going to fill your tank.

I'm not going to comment on your style because it's your car. But you can't just do it without any research. But you do know it's going to be a pain in the ass.

I assume you live in NY so you don't really have to worry about the attendants, but in NJ "Full-Serve" is a law so you have to try to explain to them where the filler is (it's not easy and they'll get confused) and you're going to have to end up gettting out.

in NJ "Full-Serve" is a law

wow that sux'....

where the tail light is. :ufucktard:

I was just going to ask you the same question.....VTEC POWER asked the question before i did and (where the tail light is) was your answer...Now WHY IN LIVING HE** would you go and relocated your sh*t to the tail light?
WHat the he** are you thinking boy... You might aswell do it behind the liscense plate like the old cars... WHy dont you save that money andd get some, power into that engine or something..Turbo, nos, whatever but dont waste your money on that sh*t....You'll regret it...my .02

either way

Good luck :D :gayflag:

wow that sux'....

yea it does, the attendants have actually taken the nozzle away from me when I went to pump my own gas because they'll get a minimum $1000 fine if someone wants to complain.

As for putting it behind the plate...he would loose a whole lot of of hatch/trunk area unless he did it the right way and blocked off the original neck and welded a new one in right near the hatch (*not gonna happen, cause it's not worth it and very dangerous). It would also look stupid when he opens the trunk or hatch.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@May 8 2005, 09:20 AM
wow that sux'....

yea it does, the attendants have actually taken the nozzle away from me when I went to pump my own gas because they'll get a minimum $1000 fine if someone wants to complain.

As for putting it behind the plate...he would loose a whole lot of of hatch/trunk area unless he did it the right way and blocked off the original neck and welded a new one in right near the hatch (*not gonna happen, cause it's not worth it and very dangerous). It would also look stupid when he opens the trunk or hatch.
[post=496510]Quoted post[/post]​

well i think its going to look stupid no matter where he puts the damn thing....
Hey Kiddo..Just leave where it is now...It looks fine..... :ph34r:

i luck out with the gas in nj..at my job we have a gas tank so we all pump our own gas..and my boss charges us the same price no matter how much the gas goes up...sorry for the thread jacking

Originally posted by allbottledup@May 8 2005, 09:48 AM
i luck out with the gas in nj..at my job we have a gas tank so we all pump our own gas..and my boss charges us the same price no matter how much the gas goes up...sorry for the thread jacking
[post=496516]Quoted post[/post]​

Must be nice... :p

yeah How much cheaper is it....
Overheeeereee i think regular is like $2.49 or something...... :eek:t:

hahah 2.49...that really sucks

2.01 in Jersey

2.36 in Queens

like 2.54 on the Belt (don't remember exactly)

For regular 89

The civic is gonna be an expensive little hatch when I finally get some boost.

as for being back on topic, ill just put another few cents worth in as to why this mod is still gay. When rerouting the filler hole ti would be nearly impossible to get it to head in a good downward angle and into the gas tank. Now tkink about how shitty gas nozzles will pump if they are not headed downward and the gas backs up on itself.....the nozzle will simply keep shutting itself off

Back