1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some help

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by HondaNewKid, Oct 11, 2010.

1. HondaNewKid

HondaNewKid New Member

i juss joined rite now cuz im new to the honda and car stuff but i was wondering if anybody could help me decide whether to buy a 1993 hatchback eg ? or a 1992 si hatchback too...both are at a fair price but idont know which would be a better car since both also have ther flaws

2. PhyRe

PhyRe Senior Member

3. vpower

vpower New Member

i would go with the si...better motor if both cars are stock, and the sunroof...

4. Nykole0408

Nykole0408 New Member

I would have to agree with this. Only thing that might make the difference is you said they both had issues... What kinda issues we talking about? That could make or break one car or the other...

5. HondaNewKid

HondaNewKid New Member

the 93 has some rust above the driver side back wheel and the si ? he said does not seem to have a sunroof ? but the hood does not close right on that one.....the 93 has an engine with 46k and the Si he said it runs good bcuz he rebuilt the engine

6. Nykole0408

Nykole0408 New Member

The rust is a typical Honda thing. The si doesn't have a sunroof at all or it's missing the sunroof? Sounds like maybe the '93 is a little better but you just have to use your own judgement here. ;)

7. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

If the hood doesn't close right you need to inspect why it doesn't. Did someone remove it and not put it back correctly or perhaps the car was in an accident and the front of the car is twisted.

From what info you have so far, I would say grab the 93, fix the rust, and go from there.

8. HondaNewKid

HondaNewKid New Member

Is the rust easy to fixx ? I think I am going with the 93 its a litte patch but I wasn't sure if that wud be a big deny for the car

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted