need some help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

damien360kl

Alright so im bored here at home cuz I have nothing to do. I have black ops but I have no internet and everyone around here has a password for their internet. I just wanted to know what are some important things about choosing internet providers.

pretty simple really

price -- pretty much self explanatory

speed -- since you want to do online gaming you will want a speedy connection

reliability -- a fast connection does you no good if it cuts out all the damn time

and finally, availability -- sure there might be some amazingly ass kicking services out there... but if you cant get it where you are then it does nothing for you, unless you are willing to move for an internet connection

Yep that pretty well sums it up.

I recently switched from 6 Mbps comcast to 6 Mbps At&t Dsl. Saved myself 50 bucks a month and I can't tell a damn bit of difference.

How much lag can you tolerate during online play?

alright so im bored here at home cuz i have nothing to do. I have black ops but i have no internet and everyone around here has a password for their internet. I just wanted to know what are some important things about choosing internet providers.
i have just knocked on the door and very nicley asked may i please use your internet connection.......... I offerd 10 bucks and was honest the didnt have a problem at all and didint want the 10 bucks....... Then a month or two later i got my own intra nets............. :d hey its worth a try?

i would try asking the people with wifi in the area if you can figure out who they are and which one has the best signal

Alright so im bored here at home cuz I have nothing to do. I have black ops but I have no internet and everyone around here has a password for their internet. I just wanted to know what are some important things about choosing internet providers.

Are you trying to game on wi-fi? Not really the best of options, especially on a weak wi-fi signal from somebody else's place that they're probably trying to use at the same time. Especially with the online issues that Black Ops is experiencing right now, it would probably be pretty much unplayable (unless you love dying, lol)...

Don't piggy back on someone elses wifi for online gaming. Shit used to annoy the hell out of me at my apartment, after I locked my router I could actually connect to the internet and use it.

E pretty much nailed it. And really you don't want to rely on connection you have zero control over. Hell for all you know someone else asked permission and is skimming information. Sure its a long shot but still not something I would chance.

Well I can't tolerate any lag. The main thing I want is zero lag and I don't want to depend on someone elses internet because everyone around me has a signal strength of around 65%. I just don't know what to look for when looking for internet.

Well I can't tolerate any lag. The main thing I want is zero lag and I don't want to depend on someone elses internet because everyone around me has a signal strength of around 65%. I just don't know what to look for when looking for internet.

i told you already

pretty simple really

price -- pretty much self explanatory

speed -- since you want to do online gaming you will want a speedy connection

reliability -- a fast connection does you no good if it cuts out all the damn time

and finally, availability -- sure there might be some amazingly ass kicking services out there... but if you cant get it where you are then it does nothing for you, unless you are willing to move for an internet connection

just to go over this again

• how much are you willing to spend for internet.... you can spend anywhere form $15.00 - $1500.00 per month on internet... how much do you want to spend??? i cant tell you how much you want to spend... i could tell you how much I would spend, but that really means nothing in regards to your decision
  • how fast do you need it to be... for gaming you will want some speed... but how fast do you realistically need it to be... and then are you willing to pay for it
  • how reliable is the ISP... shouldnt be too hard to research this for your area... dont know where you are located so i dont know who or what is available... and honestly ive got better shit to do than look up your options for internet service (like eat cheetos and beat off)
  • is it actually available in your area... again dont know where you are so i dont know what is available in your area... and again with the cheetos

Last edited:
Well im in colorado springs and I aleady looked around and found that we have both qwest and comcast out here but once again but I can't tell which one is better.

ask around.
look up reviews?
google that shit
ask your neighbors when you see them what they have and how it does for them

buy me a round trip ticket to where you are and i'll come do the research for you.

its all pretty self explanatory. comcast isnt going to tell you how shitty their service is, so it would be best to ask people who have it.
ask people that you would be playing online games with, they have internet obviously, see what they have and how it does.
asking people in other parts of the country will only tell you how good the service is in other parts of the country. where you are at is probably a very different story.

Back