1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some help....

Discussion in 'Integra' started by ruiztronics, Jun 13, 2007.

1. ruiztronics

ruiztronics New Member

I bought a 1992 integra from friend...he doesnt know much about cars so all he could tell me is that it needs some work. It has a b18a1, my first question because i dont know too much about these cars either is

1: the car sometimes after running for more than 30 minutes when shut off will not start again until its cooled back down (it doesnt over heat though)

2: once in a while when on the freeway for like 15 straight, when i floor it it bogs out but doesnt die.

3: When idling when cold it jumps from 500rpms to 1200rpms

If anyone could kinda give me an idea of what they think it would be i appreciate it.
    Thanks -Cory
  2. quikstr13

quikstr13 New Member

my freind had the exact same problem with his 88 prelude... ill ask what he did to fix it... and the idling is normal for older cars... but if u wanna fix it... search for earlier threads and i remember reading one that said all u had to do was clean your idle... just search for it it gives u a step by step...
  3. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

New York
    replace the IAC, it will solve your idling problem and possibly the rest of your problems too you could just clean it, but that would only last a couple months. also it's a good idea to do a tune-up, plugs wires cap rotor, and a FUEL FILTER
Draft saved Draft deleted