need some help....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ruiztronics

I bought a 1992 integra from friend...he doesnt know much about cars so all he could tell me is that it needs some work. It has a b18a1, my first question because i dont know too much about these cars either is

1: the car sometimes after running for more than 30 minutes when shut off will not start again until its cooled back down (it doesnt over heat though)

2: once in a while when on the freeway for like 15 straight, when i floor it it bogs out but doesnt die.

3: When idling when cold it jumps from 500rpms to 1200rpms

If anyone could kinda give me an idea of what they think it would be i appreciate it.
Thanks -Cory

my freind had the exact same problem with his 88 prelude... ill ask what he did to fix it... and the idling is normal for older cars... but if u wanna fix it... search for earlier threads and i remember reading one that said all u had to do was clean your idle... just search for it it gives u a step by step...

replace the IAC, it will solve your idling problem and possibly the rest of your problems too you could just clean it, but that would only last a couple months. also it's a good idea to do a tune-up, plugs wires cap rotor, and a FUEL FILTER

Back