Need some help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Scott F.

If some one could offer any advice,

I had almost completed my Integra with a b20 w/ civic vtec head, I had CRT pistons, civic type R cams and had the bottom end bored out a little, a Vtec controller was added and ecu flashed, before I could get my new trans some jack off stole my car and took it for a joy ride smashing up the right front end and side and left it on the side of the 215 freeway, before running away the ripped out my Vtec controller put a few more dents and took off!!!

I want to get it back running but when I picked it up from the yard it was stored at it did run but there was major knocking from the engine, I actually drove it for about 40 mile back to my house and the knocking still persisted but the car did not lose power along the way, it was definitley not as strong as before but I blew my engine one time before in which the knocking eventually turned into a dead car, this did not happen this time. I am wondering if it could just be something with the computer and not actual engine damage. I am willing to do most of the work myself but have no direction as to how to diagnose the problem, it has been sitting for almost 2 years now as I have just not had any cash flow to deal with it. I NEED HELP can anybody offer any advice?

Sorry man. Sounds like engine damage. They probably beat the shit out of it.

Maybe take a vid and post it here so we know what it sounds like.

Hmm, I will try, in the mean time it sounds almost exactly like when I blew my engine the first time, piston knocking if I had to guess, I was hoping maybe just the timing was off but I spoke to a couple different people and they are all saying pretty much the same thing you are.....that sucks....one person told me it is probably the berrings which requires a rebuild. Do you recomend the CRV bottom end at all, it was popular a few years ago but I have not been in the loop for a while so I am not sure if a lot of people had problems with that, some people were telling me that bottom end is not designed for high reving, would a normal B18 be better?

sound like they ran it lean and fucked domething up. Most likely a rod bearing. drop the pan and look at the bearings. Highly doubtful since you already drove it a good ways but, take the bearing off, look at the crank and see how badly sctratched it is. It looks like your gonna have to rebuild the whole damn thing. Or send the crank,rods and all that jazz to get it to fit right again.

I would just go get a ls crank,order some rods and be done with it. Hopefulyy the pistons are ok.

Oh s..t. So you think the crank is jacked up too! Oh well I guess I expected this....Thanks for the advice Taco15.

Back