need some info about a simple d15b7 to d15b7 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdovel21

hey guys,

im gonna be taking a d15b7 out of a 94 dx coupe and putting a d15b7 from a 93 lx sedan in its place. im not totally sure if im going to swap the trans can anyone give me a basic rundown of everything that has to happen? this is my first swap and i know its nothing special but i just need to be able to complete it in a weekend and not have to worry about missing anything that might delay drive-ability after the swap. thanks!

not altogether sure what you're looking for but here is a short list. also a manual is a very valuable tool too.

you might want to take some time while the engine is removed to clean/paint your engine bay.

1. put car on jackstands
2. drain radiator and remove
3.remove front wheels, undo lower ball-joints, pop axles out of transmission and undo your shift linkage
4. remove airbox and unplug wire harness
5.unhook all vacuum hoses, heater hoses and fuel line from firewall
6. attach chain from hoist and remove mount bolts
7. lift that bad boy out

a pickle fork and a big hammer work wonderful for the lower ball joints.

installation is reverse order

make sure to seat your axles all the way back in, last weekend I thought mine were seated but when I put the car in gear i got nothing but noise.

thanks a lot! i figured it would be simple and direct but i just wanted to make sure im not missing anything.

Back