Need some input for my soon to be swap.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chumps

Ok guys, well ive been overlooking this site for probably 8 months or so now and looking into different options. Yea, i looked through several searches and articles, but I still cant make up my damn mind. Maybe you guys could help influence my decision.

I currently have a 95 Civic VX with the stock motor and some bolt ons. Ive been contimplating for some time. Im stuck between getting a b18c5, b18c1, b16, b18b, or H22. Yes its a nice list but im not sure. The car is going to be a daily driver for the time being and probably the next year or so until my job comes through for another vehicle.

Anyway ive been saving up money for this and have about 2000 so far. It would be nice to plan for the future while im at it. After its days on the street i would eventually like to make it a strictly drag car and turbo it when money permits. My goal would be maybe around 250whp.

Considering those variables and money is at a budget what do you guys think? As far as my engine choice. If I left out some pertinent information, let me know.

Ive been checkin out HMO and some other sites as far as prices go, everybody seems to have great expereinces there. Thanks for the feedback guys I appreciate it.

To start with you need another grand Just to get the stuff you need for a b16a (sir 2) swap and this is the cheapest of the ones you are looking at. If I were bulding a drag car I would go with the B18c1. If you do this you need a grand more. This is what mine cost me (sir 2)

Swap 2250 + Lsd 300 + Parts needed for startup warrenty 400 + A/C Bracket 100 + Shipping and Ins. 180 = 3330

BTW Worth every penny. Steve at HMO treated me right.

Thanks Friz your swap looks awesome. How does it feel compared to your stock motor? lol Yea I realize i need more money. Would the extra money spent for a c1 be worth the extra power and potentail over the b16? Just wondering a freind of mine has a c1 in his 98 dx coupe and its so awesome to drive (compared to mine). Its the only swapped car ive driven or seen around here in BFE southern arizona. Ive read up on the H22 but it seems like a lot more work, alot more to fix, and alot more to prep for, but it has more power. The c1 does sound good though. Thank you

Anyone got more opinions?

i have a jdm b18c in my 98 coupe and i pull a lot on b16s. 99-00 si 's are no problem and i pulled on a 90ish teg w/jdm b16 the other night thru 1st, 2nd and bottom of 3rd (didn't get to the top of 3rd due to the street we were on). Anyway I hope this was a of some help and just wanted to point out that i have deffinatly seen a big difference between a car w/a b16 and a b18c. You will be much happier w/the gs-r i know i am!

personally Id say save a little more for a b18c1......but if you want your car out soon b16a2 is not a bad choice

the H22 is to much work for your civic i would stick with the b series engines, and i would go with the b18c1 because it is easier as far as wiring :D

How about a transmission choice? If I stuick with the c1 will the matching tranny be the best or is there something thatd be better? Whatd about tuning as far as a controlller or some type of chip?

all depends on how deep your pockets are! if you got the money get a itr or ctr tranny but i am sure you will be happy with your b18c1 tranny i know i would if i have a b18

Originally posted by chumps@Dec 9 2004, 08:00 PM
Thanks Friz your swap looks awesome. How does it feel compared to your stock motor? lol Yea I realize i need more money. Would the extra money spent for a c1 be worth the extra power and potentail over the b16? Just wondering a freind of mine has a c1 in his 98 dx coupe and its so awesome to drive (compared to mine). Its the only swapped car ive driven or seen around here in BFE southern arizona. Ive read up on the H22 but it seems like a lot more work, alot more to fix, and alot more to prep for, but it has more power. The c1 does sound good though. Thank you

Anyone got more opinions?
[post=429710]Quoted post[/post]​

Compared to stock it's like night and day. These other guys are right if you going for power potential, the b18 is a much better choice. Mine is a daily driver and I'm trying to maintain some decent gas mileage. This is why I chose the B16.

Back