1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some OEM speed secrets for my circle track car

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by raceitall, Aug 12, 2008.

1. raceitall

raceitall New Member

Okay I know I have asked some questions in regards to this on other forums and possibly this one as well. I just picked up a 94 Civic SI hatch for $270 off a close friend who needed to get rid of it as soon as he could. Now for those who are wanting to kill me for getting a great deal on this its not as cracked up as it all sounds body is really really rough, it needs a new head gasket and it needs a clutch. This car will be used for my circle track campain here towards the end of the year and all of next year and i need to do some tweaks and tunes with OEM Parts due to the rules.

Now here are the questions I need to know. It has a 1.6 vtec in it and I know there are some better OEM parts out there that I can put on to help it out a bit. I have been talking to a couple of people who are telling me what to do with the head seeing that I am doing a head gasket and also go to a Y8 intake manifold. I just need some extra power to help me get to victory lane.

Any info would be of great help I get the car tomorrow and I will be tearing into it asap.

2. INJEN78

shave the head a little bit,port and polish,have the car tuned to get maximum HP..
    what are the local track rules like?!?!?
    i know here in CT(waterford speedbowl) car has to be relatively stock,they give you a list of what can be done,
  3. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Raleigh, NC
    -P29/PM7 pistons or modified LS rods with PDN pistons.
    -Reground cam(Bisi is the man for this)
    -tubular Y8 exhaust manifold(IIRC, not all Y8's have this); skip the Y8 intake manifold.
    -Head milled at least .020" with mild port work.
    -Ported stock intake manifold(port match and porting the runner inlet where it meets with the plenum) or Honda CBR individual throttle bodies.
    -lightened CX flywheel
Draft saved Draft deleted