Need some opinions about this car....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

take a good chuck of that cash and put it as a down payment on your loan.. at least half

Ya. It is much easier to get financing of any amount if the collateral to loan ratio is favorable for the bank.

I applied for $13,000 just to be safe, but still haven't heard back from the bank yet. I don't intend to use but $10,000 of it at the most, I just went that high for a little bit of "cushion" if I needed it.

can't believe i didnt see this before.

LOVE LOVE LOVE these cars. i would trade the corolla in a heartbeat for one if it was low miles, clean, and manual.

Found out this morning I got approved for up to $18,000 at 3.9%, so now I have nothing stopping me from picking up the car next week!

Just got off the phone with the bank and they told me for the car they will loan up to $15,965, which is about $2,000 over what I was going to finance anyway. Everything is already rolling, all I have left before the car is in my hand is a stop at the dealership to get it looked over, and then all the paperwork, which always sucks haha....

The lady at the bank yesterday told me they can go as low as 3.75%, which is fine with me. I'm just waiting until today to hear back on our loan decision. I applied without my Dad as a co-signer this time, and if I don't get a low enough rate, he offered to sign so I could.

Go to penfed.com

Get 1.9% financing

Send me a check for saving you hundreds.

Applied and denied my friend, I don't know why but I'll "get a letter in 7-10 business days stating why". By that time I'll have the car lol...

Well I took it to an independent Lexus shop today to have the pre-purchase inspection done. Took it up there, dropped it off, and went back to the owners house to get a copy of the title I can send to the bank to get the check.

Well we come back and when we pull into the parking lot, the Lexus is sitting out front all pretty. Then I notice the bumper looks a little "off" almost like they took it off and didn't get it back on the right way. Well I walk up and notice a pretty decent size scrape on the side of the bumper and the bumper has been knocked off of the pin that holds the corner of the bumper into the fender. So me and the owner were pissed, I went inside and went straight for the owner of the shop. He came out and we both told him that it wasn't there when we dropped it off. Thank God the shop owner was a decent person and took full responibility. He called his body shop guy up, and he was there to look at the car within 10 minutes. The body shop guy looked it over, and told us we would have the car no later than friday. I trust the body shop because its the shop all of the "nice car" dealerships, i.e the maserati/ferrari and other high end car dealerships use for their fixes.

So, I should pick up the car thursday or friday, and it'll come home with me for good, I just have to finalize the finance stuff today.

photo2-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished all the bank documents, now I'm just waiting on the transfer of money, and I should be picking the car up when it gets back from the shop. I got a 48 month/48,000 mile extended warranty on the car that is bumper to bumper the first 6 months, and everything minus wear and tear items after that for the remaining months.

Can't wait for thursday!

i had the local mazda shop do that exact same thing to my wifes mazda 3.
but they didnt take responsibility.

lucky.

congrats.

i had the local mazda shop do that exact same thing to my wifes mazda 3.
but they didnt take responsibility.

lucky.

congrats.

Yeah we had that happen with the mazda 6, they dropped an impact wrench on the center of the front bumper and took a chunk out, but "it was there when we dropped it off"... I'm just glad this guy has a brain, and by accepting fault, he probably just earned my business in the future when I need to take it in.

And thank you, I'm pretty damn excited about the purchase, and super happy with the car. I've got a feeling I may never get rid of this car, it just might turn into a project later once it gets way older.

Last edited:
I love these cars so much. Great buy, I'm sure you'll really enjoy it. Lexus makes some awesome cars.

This car is definitely something else! I love it, and it rides and runs like a champ. I'm going to get it tagged, titled, and registered today. Yet another chunk of money out of my pocket, haha...

Back