Need some opinions on a swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Niceguy99

Here is the deal, a friend of myne has a 2000 integ GS with 45,000mi.
He wants a GSR
I offered to do the swap in exchange for his old motor and all the parts we replace
Few questions

1. Is this exchange fair?
2. What should I do with the B18? (I have a 290hp D16)
3. What am I looking at going from a 92-95 OBD1 GSR to the 2000 integ OBD2
4. In relation to the above post, direct bolt on?

Thanks guys.

Well, the engine is a direct bolt in... The wiring is another story. I know because I put an OBD 1 B16 in my 97 (OBD 2) civic. I converted the engine to OBD 2 and did a GANG of changing parts to OBD 2 and wiring...

Just get a jumper harness from OBD 2 to OBD 1 and use an OBD 1 ecu, distributor, etc. Should be pretty easy after that.

Quoted post[/post]]
40 some views and one reply...I thought this was a honda swap forum holy crap. What a waste.
Relax a little bit (nice way of saying 'stop being an asshat') some people are just curious to what you wanted, and obviously at the time, 39 other people couldn't help you.
This is a Swap site, we try not to mislead you, or just put lil thumbsup emoticons everywhere.
People here usually know what they're talking about, and that's why don't have 100,000 replies in 10 minutes.
1) The exchange is fair, the swap is easy, and you get a free motor.
2) Teach it yoga ... how the hell do we know what you should do with it?
I'm sure boosting it will be suggested.
3) was answered
4) Yes

definitely a fair exchange. Hell with a new exhaust manifold, rods and pistons, you could probably straight swap all your turbo stuff.

I just put that to get some attention, I see it worked cause I got some things explained thanks. My car isn't turbod...

you have a 290hp D16 that is all motor?

How the hell did you manage that?

Back