Need some opinions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Its hot, but I paid 16k for my Fit NEW. I can't justify spending it on that one. 65k miles is 'low' but, it's not THAT low. Clean fucking car, though.

A kid i know paid 16 for a 98 type R with 80k. Same thing as that but not as clean and black. But hes retarded, Mommy and daddy paid for it, and he doesnt know how to drive. He totalled it 4 days later.... I was pissed cause he didnt let me drive it haha. But I say if its your dream car go for it man.

any word on what the bank said? i got to thinking and ive seen full custom show/magazine feature vehicles go for less than the price of that ITR.

I can't see him getting 16k for that car, unless someone like B who has money drops 16 large in bills at his doorstep.

any word on what the bank said? i got to thinking and ive seen full custom show/magazine feature vehicles go for less than the price of that ITR.

thats what i was gonna say.

You could build a F&F car from the ground up for 16k. The bank wouldn't finance me on a car 5 years old. Good luck getting them to give you 16k for a 9 year old car.

please.

i even financed my truck. i don't have that kind of money dude

You have laid down lumps of cash for things in the past, which was simply the point I was trying to make. Down payment on the house, M, etc.

You have laid down lumps of cash for things in the past, which was simply the point I was trying to make. Down payment on the house, M, etc.

I put 0 down on the house. i'm 100% financed.
M, i put 2k down... and technically, i put it on my credit card.

Didnt get a chance to call the bank today...... FUCK TODAY JUST WANT IT TO END !!!

bro im a car sales man and we love when ppl make a emotinal purchase leave your heart out of it or you will make your bank and the seller very happy ive made money with that kind of customer

I don't know why honda fan boys hold this car in such high regards.

From a performance point of view the car is a piece.

From a status point of view, outside of the circle of car guys, its a shitty econo car.

Why would you want to waste $16,000 that you could put into a newer car that outperforms this car 10 to 1, looks better, is more comfortable, and has some status to the rest of the world attached.

It's one of the best handling FWD cars in existence for a stock production vehicle...

It's one of the best handling FWD cars in existence for a stock production vehicle...

When you have to qualify your statement on handling by excluding other drive trains, your argument is pretty weak sauce.

FWD cars weren't initially intended to be sports vehicles, so why then would most stock FWD cars have great handling numbers - the answer is they wouldn't. At the time, the Type R was one of the only FWD sports cars.

I would venture a guess if I looked at the skidpad numbers of a new mazda 3 or 6 that they would be as good or better than the Type R.

Its hype plain and simple. A nostalgia car for 20-somethings.

See if you can get it insured for what you pay for it, because as other people said it will get stolen esp down in your area.

When you have to qualify your statement on handling by excluding other drive trains, your argument is pretty weak sauce.

FWD cars weren't initially intended to be sports vehicles, so why then would most stock FWD cars have great handling numbers - the answer is they wouldn't. At the time, the Type R was one of the only FWD sports cars.

I would venture a guess if I looked at the skidpad numbers of a new mazda 3 or 6 that they would be as good or better than the Type R.

Its hype plain and simple. A nostalgia car for 20-somethings.

I still love my 90 integra. The styling, the interior, and i dunno, i just love it. It's not a 'special' version or a collector piece, but it's sentimental value is higher. I understand how that car is his holy grail so to speak, as my integra was always my dream car. I'd love to have a GS-R from 92, but I don't think I'll ever get one in decent condition for a good price, and it's nothing different from mine, except for the powertrain. That's it.

Either way, I see your argument, and I agree, but I also see how he has passion for this 'model'

For me, it's not about what the car can do, because for the time it came out in, it did excellent, but it would fail given its original motor/tranny/etc setup vs any new car today. Which is why I get so much gratitude after keeping it 'updated' in the motor, even though I've been behind on that too, it's done well enough to keep me happy.

Maybe just having that car would make him happier than horseshit and he wouldn't need to be racing to be happy or prove a point. He'll get looks, for sure, from enthusiasts. Which in itself is enough for some. Same with the G2IC community, I see a lot of members in my area and they nod, throw a deuce, or things to say 'hi' from one g2 lover to another. Things like that make me smile and proud to own my piece of shit. :)

Back