Need some PC help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirt817

OK, I've run into a problem at school and need to retaliate.

The admins have installed Synchroneyes on all the pcs which allow them to control when we can go online and where we can go. If we try to do something on the computer at all when they lock it, it locks the screen with a message that says "eyes up front please" and cannot be diasbled.

Any of you computer guys know how I can disable this program?

The computers are running XP and I do not have easy access to the hard drive, but it can be done if necessary.

Please help :angry:

There's pretty much no easy way unless you have admin rights, which I doubt. We had a program a couple years ago on the machines called Foolproof which was a pain in the buttocks, and only the kids that had admin access (myself included) could turn it off.

I've already logged onto a guest account which doesn't use the program and went into the registry and took it out. It won't let me delete the program from the hard drive though.

I can get online all i want if i unplug the computer from the network, log on, and then plug it back in. The teacher says I don't show up on the software. When I do this I have limited access to the HD, but more than if I'm logged on normally.

Will editing the registry do anything or am I just running around in circles?

I only have one more month in this class before I start automotive technology and I'd prefer to not grab my ankles for this BS program.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 31 2004, 12:46 PM
why do you need it off the hdd? What's so imperative that you need to eradicate it within 1 month?
[post=384276]Quoted post[/post]​

1 month is a long time when i spend 8 hours a day sitting at a pc. I don't have any other internet acces other than the school's computers.

Besides, it's the principal of the thing. Hell, just for fun during the last week of HS I pretty much laid the school's server to waste. I find it an invasion of privacy, they can actually take control of the computer. My teach was locking people's keyboard and mouse and drawing things on their screen in MS Paint.

They keep asking if I'm logged on because they can't find me on their software. :D

If you found a way around it for internet uses, why do you want to waste time and energy getting it removed completely. AFAIK there's no way without admin access.

:concur: Real Hackers just get around that shit.

Hell I had fun taking over my teacher's computer freshman year in comp apps 4, and I don't know anything about shit besides hitting yes and no buttons installing pirated software.

Good ol PWLCracker and a thumbdrive does wonders.

I've been mulling over the idea of getting a 2nd pendrive and loading it with programs like that with an autorun.inf file. Simply plug it in and it'll go about it's merry way grabbing the password file and whatever other common files you tell it to get. USB mass storage drivers are standard in a Windows install so it's guaranteed to work wherever I plug it in.

Plug in, wait a few seconds, unplug and go. :)

I got an account here just to respond to your question. My school just got SynchronEyes today, whic to the kids in any of my tech classes is just another game, because all they do is keep comming up with ways to try to deny our access. It took us about 12 min. today to get past this one. I don't know what your schools server is running, but if its as crapy as our, then its running Novell. If this is the case, and you said you were running XP, then you could cllick "workstation only" then log in. Once here, click on the start button and hit "run" then type "msconfig" and hit enter. Once there, click on the startup tab and deselect both the SynchronEyes boxes and restart. If you can't access msconfig there are other ways, but I don't have time to go into them now, I'm about to leave work.

Welcome to the site, and thanks for answering a dead question... but it's good info. Gotta move the thread.

This post belongs in our Computer and Game Stuff Forum. Please look for your post there.

:moved:

Thanks,

The Moderating Team

I know this thread has been dead a while, but I am curious if anyone has made it though Synchroneyes.

My stupid school uses it and I have been looking for a way to disable it. Any ideas?

Hey if anyone outthere cares anymore I know how to get out of The program w/o them even knowing what hit them.

there are two methods ok

1.If your school has keyboards with a shutdown key or the shutdown key on the actual computer trys to shutdown the computer then what you do is log on your name and act all normal and then open up Microsoft Word or Wordpad. It doesnt matter. Ok next type something into the text box so you dont seem suspicious. Ok now hit that shutdown button either on the keyboard or the computer and wait. When the box for Microsoft Word comes up that says "Do you want to save?" click cancel and that will disable the shutdown yet all the background processes will shutdown including Synchroneyes.

2. If your like me then you can program pretty well and all you have to do is program a program to either simulate the shutdown button using API's or write a program to close the Synchroneyes program. I Personally Reccoamend the the first method but its your choice.

I hope you enjoyed that and now that you have The program disabled Your free to do as you please.

Please tell me if that helped and Have fuck hacking

The 15 year old hacker :mrgreen:

I know a sufficient, yet simple way to de-activate Synchroneyes. As soon as you log into the computer at you're school. Immediately change you're resolution of the computer ( only do this when Synchroneyes is in affect). Keep changing the resolution enough times, and you should get a error report from Synchroneyes saying it "encountered a problem, we are sorry for the inconveniance". This will make you're page non viewable by you're administrator.

The other way to defete Synchroneyes is to use the "control ALT delete feture on the keypad". This won't work, depending how the teacher has you Synchronyesed, but it's worth a shot.

Aside from that, the first choice is a definite solution.

Last edited:
all these hacker names and no one giving an explanation on actually HACKING anything. I mean cmon. The real fix for this is just copy the sam file onto a thumb drive using knoppix or some other linux CD bootable OS, and then crack the sam file (SAMInside or some other tool you like).

if your school is intelligent and actually has passwords that live up to most security standards, then youll have to take another route. Time to move to a hash insertion/removal technique. Just look up Editing SAM files and Password Recovery in google and youll see what im talking about.

yall are seriously failing as 'hackers' with names like that....and now this thread is locked...all the info is here now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back