need some real technical help with b18c parts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrjdmcivic

hi everybody, what ive done is got a b18c gsr engine, u know the one with the snail manifold, that is meant to make 180hp... i think the ecu/head is p72. anyhow, im going to port out the head allowing more air to breath throu it, like the dvd omniman did with the b16a InterTune.Tv - Home of Omniman's 200whp B16 Video DVD Resource . and im also going to tune my ecu accordingly to keep the air/fuel ratios correctly so theres little to none detonation.

now for the hard stuff., ive purchased some je forges pistons with 81.5 specs so im going to bore out the block .5 and install them., however im alittle worryed about the compression ratio now standard i think is 10.0 or integra type r is like 11.0... now these pistons say on the side of them it will make a compression ratio of 11.5 is that safe on a standard head? with standard valves. and what should i do to the head other then porting it out. would it be best to get type r cams or should i spend my money on after market valves cause ive heard of the stock ones floting causing serious piston damage... thankyou

Back