need some serious help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2006crxtuner

so i have a jdm b16a swap in my crx and the swap runs great, except for the fact that i cant get my speedo cable to stay in. when i get it in the right spot, itll work for a bit but then when i get up to around 50 mph it slips out again. does anyone have any ideas or tricks on ways that i can make sure it stays in? please anything

On my Prelude there is a clip that holds the cable onto the speed sensor.. I would assume it would be the same on your transmission. When I didn't have the clip on there it would pop out every couple weeks like yours is doing.. check for that and if you don't have one post back & I'll see if I can find it in the service manuals for ya...

nah i dont have a clip for it or anything like that, atleast not on mine. and where did the clip go on your car? also imma check to see on how its runnin through those hoses.

The clip on mine goes on the end of the cable on the transmission side at the connection to the speed sensor..

I have a feeling it might, but I don't have any references that go back that far. I can take a look at my friend's transmission and see how we hooked it up (obd0 b16 cable tranny) but it might take a couple days..

On my jdm y1 tranny it had an electronic speed sensor. I unbolted the electronics and shoved the cable in it. It has no place for a clip because it was electric. I have had no problems with it popping out.

Yes, your tranny has that clip. It's like a little horseshoe style clip. If you notice at the end of your speedo cable on the metal part there is a notch that the pin slides through, and there is also two notches on the tranny.

Go steal one of a Honda in the junkyard, I think they are all the same. If not, I'm pretty sure I have one that I could send you for a small fee. lol

His might, my tranny was electric and I took the top half off. It does not have the clip or the spot for the clip on the vss. If his is like mine then it does not have the clip.

Sorry, I just dont see how it is falling out, maybe you have some slack up in your dash somewhere you could pull through. Your cable could even be damaged somewhere inside. If you want to get another vss that has the clip holder then that could solve it also. Sorry I ant be more helpful.

ok, if your tranny was digi, then the cable wont work. i tried that with mine. it will just keep spitting it out. there is a way to convert the tranny to analog but i found it better to just take advantage of the situation and swap the gauge cluster. then you get an upgrade and a speedo. but good luck though.

Mine was electric and it works. Just unbolted the top and put in the cable, only problem was when I got a cable from NAPA, it was like a foot longer than the stock Honda one. My guess would be to replace the cable and make sure nothing is hitting it up in the dash.

i doubt it will work.
if it does then congrats.
but i doubt it.
if the speedo worked fine before the swap then theres no reason for anything to be messed up at the gauge cluster. unless you decided to give it a nice hard pull.

Back