Need some suggestions..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm in school right now, and I do have a little extra cash. I figure I'm probably doing better than most right now. I'm just trying to make sure I have something to drive that is reliable.

Just DD the Accord. Trust me, that little turd has lasted longer than I ever expected. I've had it the longest out of any of my cars. I'd like to give her a good old fashion fixin.

Yeah my Impala is hella comfortable. It has plenty of room. I am a tall guy (6'4") and I don't even have the seat all the way back which is what I would have to do in 90% of the cars I get into. The back seat is comfortable too. I did a search and you can find some decent 06's under 10 grand in my area. Not bad on gas either 28ish highway 23 city.

race Taurus. my dads floats like a Cadillac has some v6 power to it. 30mpg he gets driven to Spokane. 2-25 i believe city wise. roomy. striaght thuggin. Toyota Camry?

audi=$, more time, and specail tools that are more prone to wear. My recomendation would a used honda fit. they gettin cheap.
A Fit wouldn't be bad, but some comfort would be nice.
Just DD the Accord. Trust me, that little turd has lasted longer than I ever expected. I've had it the longest out of any of my cars. I'd like to give her a good old fashion fixin.
I'm very tempted to keep driving the Accord. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how this winter goes.
Yeah my Impala is hella comfortable. It has plenty of room. I am a tall guy (6'4") and I don't even have the seat all the way back which is what I would have to do in 90% of the cars I get into. The back seat is comfortable too. I did a search and you can find some decent 06's under 10 grand in my area. Not bad on gas either 28ish highway 23 city.
Sounds like a decent ride. I'll look into them if I do decide to get something new.
race Taurus. my dads floats like a Cadillac has some v6 power to it. 30mpg he gets driven to Spokane. 2-25 i believe city wise. roomy. striaght thuggin. Toyota Camry?
Hahaha, dude I remember when you were telling me about your dad trying to race you when you first got over there..
Haha, he's my best bud. He can't type but somehow I translate and make it work :ph34r: lol

My front end is falling apart, my gas tank has a hole halfway up, and I'm hoping to get on that this summer, and my oil pan gasket leaks, but aside from those things, it's so damn reliable, I think I am gonna fix it up if I can afford it.

seriously get a maxima. they are better put together and more comfortable than any of these other cars. not to mention more entertaining to drive (sans the wrx).

From my experience though, nothing is cheaper to own than a honda. For comfortable, reliable, and somewhat fun, a 99-02 accord coupe would fit the bill. f23 with the 5 speed. Those cars are basically bullet proof.

lol yea he will get it. IMO you should fix and or find something cheap ( if in fact fixing the accord is not worth it) keep the civic for summer fun, because you know you will want to. keep up the work on making it less noticeable. I think you would enjoy it when the nice weather comes as you didn't too much this past season and through these coming months you could narrow it down to a "more" reliable fun car. finish school then buy the maybach. but cars are your thing:p

Look at the 1st gen xB. Katie and I debated/researched a LONG time before deciding what to buy, and it took the cake. Nice high driving position compared to the Fit, still relatively fun to drive, not going to be tempted to mod it since the engine doesn't have that much aftermarket support in the US, and the space inside is awesome for 4x 6ft+ people. You can carry quite a bit of stuff in it too.

Real world gas mileage is sitting at 30-32 in the city with Katie driving it, and anywhere from 30-34 on the highway if you keep your foot off the floor, and that's cruising at 80.

We paid 12.5k for our 2006 in March, but that had some extras on it- and had the specific color and Scion used certification that Katie wanted. You can still get the same thing for about 7-8k pretty easily. We love ours- it's the primary family car now, and we're averaging about 3k a month in it right now, including one cross-country expedition already.

don't go from an accord to a 1st gen honda fit. You'll hate it. I went from a civic with power nothing to a fit. "Holy crap the fit has power windows" was my first thought when I got into it. If you approach a car from that perspective, the fit is awesome, but the seats suck, the driving position is strange, and the heat takes forever to come on.

The Mazda3 is a nice car. A friend has one, and he loves it. I test-drove a 2009.5 3 hatch, and I really liked it, but the salesman made the mistake of giving me an automatic with every option to test-drive, when I clearly and plainly asked for a manual with no options. That alone lost the sale, because my impression of that car was bloated, and heavy, and not balanced as far as power went. The friend with one loves it, and swears that I got the wrong impression and I should have gotten it instead of the fit. He has nothing really bad to say at all about it.

Subaru legacy would be good too, just don't get the h6 engine. That thing was fucking horrible, and IIRC ate trannies. I don't think you can find the h6 in manual in the US. Older (90-ish to 99-ish) legacy wagons rock. One pulled my fit out of the snow when I had ZERO traction. You can find them with options out the wazoo too.

I've seen some very loaded xBs and I thought twice about them. I rode in one and was very impressed. It looks like Cal has no problems with it too, so it might be an option for you.

An xB might be something to look into. We will see. I got the heater working in the Accord, so I'm happy for now.

I really used to hate the look of the xB, but I think they're starting to grow on me after seeing some pictures of them online. The interior looks nice.

The Maxima is probably still at the top of the list, I want to sit in an xB and see how I like it.

I wish I could afford a Pilot :/

my cousin drives a xB .. it sits pretty comfortably .. he's 6'5" and has plenty of headroom still

Interesting. I saw one in the parking lot at WinCo today and I stopped to look inside. It looks incredibly roomy, I just wish I cuold have sat in it lol

EDIT: Though I think it was one of the newer ones.. what are the generations on these things?

1st gen = 2004-2006 model years
2nd gen = 2008+ model years

No 2007 model.

The 1st gen is the smaller boxier one- easy giveaway trait if you're not familiar with them is that the grill and headlights make one even strip across the front of the car. The 2nd gen does not.

Yeah I noticed that the front bumper on the one I was looking at stuck out a little less than the ones ive usually seen.. I'm positive it was a second gen.. like this:
1458482-640.jpg

Not going to lie.. this thing is sexy as hell:
turbometal-03-04-05-06-07-scion-xb-halo-projector-headlights-7.jpg

The newer ones just don't do it for me for some reason. They seem kind of space-ish.

Back