Need some suggestions..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you can't compare a black murdered out box to a stock white one with fucking ghetto wheels

apples to oranges

Working at Toyota I get a lot of hands on time with the Scions and to tell ya the truth boths gens of the xb are sweet. I am partial to the 1st generation though, but they both have great interior room and both look sweet with some basic mods. Good luck with your choice.

Interesting... the stock white one @ Texas Toyota- that's the dealership we bought Katie's xB from.

if i can dig up pics of my cousins xb i'll post it up... or if i go by there anytime soon i'll take a pic

Last edited:
its like the black one, but its white and it has the billet grills in front and the wheels are white w/ polished lip

01_motegi_dv5_on_xb.jpg

Day we bought it... had HUGE rims on it- that I still need to sell.

Clint, pics would be sweet. Sounds like a nice lookin xB.

Cal,
Looks pretty good even with the big wheels on it. I'm not too sure what I'd put on an xB if I got one. 15's might look too small...

I have 16s on it now from TireRack.com- here's a pic of the mockup (don't have a real one online):

xb_se_f7.JPG

They're 16x7 +40 with 205/50-16 Kumho ASX on them right now. The car needs about a 1-1.5 inch drop to look perfect. 16s are nice a sleeper, 17s look good, 18s are getting into "fear the curb and speedbump" zone. 19s will always be oversized in terms of overall diameter. If it were my car, I'd probably go with 17s and run some really nice rubber on them. I wanted 16s for comfort and price, plus my wife will never notice the difference an inch will make on the wheel diameter, and runs over stuff every now and then.

I'll post a real pic of the car with the wheels on it when I get a chance.

I'm thinking 16's on mine with some nice rubber. I don't like the ride of anything thinner than a 45-50 series tire usually. I had 40's on my Civic at first (205/40/16 I believe)and my god was that a rough ride.. Felt like I was driving on gravel even on smooth asphalt.

205/50-16 rides very smoothly on the xB with stock suspension, and there are a TON of tire choices in that size. FYI-

185/60-15 = 23.7in stock
205/50-16 = 24.1in what I'm running, makes speedo match GPS perfectly
215/50-16 = 24.4in about the limit of the wheel well without rubbing
215/35-19 = 24.9in what came on the car from lot- rubbed at full lock in front

Just remember that suspension setup and travel have a lot to do with ride quality. The xB has quite a bit of wheel travel range in stock form, so it rides smoothly even on 205/50 tires. 215/50 would have been my choice- but it was more expensive and I didn't want to take a chance on clearance or going too large.

225/50-15 is a SWEET setup for tons of grip and a nice ride on 15x8 wheels that puts you just a hair over the stock tire height @ 23.85in, but the tire selection in that size is a little slim. I would have run this on Katie's car if I was able to find cheap 15x8 wheels in the right offset.

Back