Need some suggestions!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

polish

So I have to rebuild a B16a SIR II bottom end. THe head looks fine.

I would like to build it to be dependable and strong but would like to obtain 200bhp.

What pistons? What rods? Should I bore? High compression? Same compression so I can turbo later (can't do it now)??

What do you guys think???

That all depends on your budget and abilities. If you can't afford $1000-1500 to put a turbo kit together you sure can afford to get a B16 to 200bhp all motor. Not talking shit, but it's the truth. Gaining 30bhp isn't all that hard but it isn't altogether cheap either.

x2:thumbsup:

IMO don't turbo. If you really want to be cheap buy some CTR pistons,cams, and valvetrain to go with it. that won't get you 200 but it'll get you closer to it. I think you can do that with just under $1000. It's just my opinion. Do what you want, but do some research first. Go get the "Building Honda Horsepower Vol 1&2", it'll help you understand better. Not saying your a noob but it helped me out quite a bit.

Thanks guys!!!! I am definetly a noob at engine building but I put the b16 in the car originally all by myself so I think that counts for something :)

I have had alot of suggestions on going with stock internals and then building a custom turbo kit and running 9-10psi???

What do you think of that?

Back