Need song suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

ok so i got my guitar for Xmas. I have been browsing around on ultimate-guitar.com at the tabs. I have printed off a few to learn , but cant seem to think of anymore.

Just wanted a few suggestions from you guys on some good acoustic songs i could get to learn.

lynyrd skynyrd..simple man
a perfect circle...3 libras and shit
coheed and cambria..in keeping secrets of silent earth
clapton..tears in heaven

thats all i can think of right now :)

who let the dogs out
the macarana
anything by the spice girls

:D

just kidding.

i learned by playing green day, offspring, and nirvana shit. simple two or 3 chord stuff back in the early 90's. lol

after that, i moved on to other stuff but i always liked playing along with days of the new and tantric. they are good players and play accustic stuff that rocks, so its cool ::)

Cool, thanks B. Ill have to check that stuff out. theres really not anything specific i want to learn because i like almost all music, and mainly just want to learn the songs to become a better player.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 7 2005, 04:34 AM
who let the dogs out
the macarana
anything by the spice girls

:D

just kidding.

i learned by playing green day, offspring, and nirvana shit. simple two or 3 chord stuff back in the early 90's. lol

after that, i moved on to other stuff but i always liked playing along with days of the new and tantric. they are good players and play accustic stuff that rocks, so its cool ::)
[post=442435]Quoted post[/post]​

And B can JAM!!!!....he was showing off with a bass guitar I bought...and he rocked....

but he sucks at the Violin :ph34r:

:lol:

dashboard confessional, Jack Johnson, some Foo Fighter songs, some starting line.

Go to amazon.com and find the songs that are on a CD called Punk Goes Accoustic, then download all those songs off Ares.

Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
Every Rose Has A Thorn by Poison
Patience (acoustic version) by Guns-N-Roses
Signs by Tesla

those are a few oldie but goodies :)

Zakk Wylde --- Stillborn (accustic version)

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 7 2005, 08:21 PM
Zakk Wylde --- Stillborn (accustic version)
[post=442768]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid: I love that song.

jack johnson definately isn't anything for beginners. i've been playing for nearly 10 years now and find some of his stuff challenging... namely Taylor

Green Day stuff is fun, and easy to learn. I also agree with whoever said Nirvana.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Jan 7 2005, 09:33 PM
jack johnson definately isn't anything for beginners. i've been playing for nearly 10 years now and find some of his stuff challenging... namely Taylor
[post=442781]Quoted post[/post]​

lol. I don't play any instraments but I love accoustic music. This year I want to learn how to play. Adam, If you want to listen to just the guitar part of his songs, download the cd "Guitar tribute to Jack Johnson by Dark One Lite" It has 10 or so songs exactly like jack johnsons just with no words.

agreed. i had been playin electric guitar for a while, then last year decided to buy an acoustic, and i dont think i've picked up the electric since then. I love the sound of a good acoustic

Originally posted by senate_9427@Jan 7 2005, 04:29 AM
ok so i got my guitar for Xmas. I have been browsing around on ultimate-guitar.com at the tabs. I have printed off a few to learn , but cant seem to think of anymore.

Just wanted a few suggestions from you guys on some good acoustic songs i could get to learn.
[post=442429]Quoted post[/post]​

I started to learn to play the guitar but never had much time for it, I have always been told to learn how to play a series of cords then switching back and forth between cords to learn how to move along the fret board before trying to play any song.

learning to play guitar by learning songs was always frowned upon by my instructor and my brother as wel who was helping me out.

If anything find a song you like and right down all the cords in the song, learn how to play them and play them well, and then after you have mastered those cords, try playing the song.

Back