1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Steps In Painting

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Liquidblaze, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Liquidblaze

Liquidblaze Senior Member

Well, I got new fenders from where a kid hit me. Can someone give me some help to head me in the right direction. What is the best paint? What are the steps in painting from start to finish? I have never done this before. My car is Cypress Green with metal flake if that helps any. Thanks in advance!

2. Havok

Havok Senior Member

you work for Dodge, right? Dont they have a repair/paint shop? Then can get the oem color of your car, no problem.

3. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

take it to a shop pay the 200 bucks save your lungs and skin plus you need a shit load of tools to do it
    you can install the fenders your self no prob but you may need to adjust ie bend them alittle so the fit perfect you may need to use filler to with the aftermarket i have use they never fit perfect thay always take alot of work to get on

4. chevy302dz

chevy302dz Senior Member

Send it to the shop you will be much happier with the result. If you're courious as to how it's done ask if you can observe when they do your car

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted