need sugestion....asap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jomarlin123

K-5eRiEs Is ThE 5HiT.....
HOw is everyone doing i just finish a project not so long ago, well its almost done but now i want to start a new one n came across some money to do it keep in mine that most of the labor will be done by my boy n me to save money Im thinking about going ls_turbo just wanted to see if you guys like my part idea an how they combine before i finish buy the rest ......Thanx

HERE WAT I HAD IN MINEd....

--------------MOTOR----------------

B18b

-------------BLOCK-------------------

Type R water pump n oil pump
eagle crankshaft, rods n bearings
JE pistons 9.1 not sure if standard or bore out to 83.
Darton Sleeve
ARP studs, Head gasket

--------------HEAD--------------------
Rev oversized valves,retainers,dual springs
Edelbrock victor X intake mani. n 75mm Throttle body
Toda racing camshaft, cam gear n timing belt
MSD 2 step
aem or hondata ecu

The gas that would be use is Sunoco Cam2 100 octane n im thinking that i could problably push 25 to 30 pound of boost if all goes well i already have some of the stuff ....but would like some of you guys opinion just in case u wondering wat turbo im not saying yet cause im looking at some options.:D

Im tired of seeing all this ls v-tecs my boy had one it drove good but i think i would get good power out of the ls ......plus maybe in the future change it n go with the v-tec head with killer cam

I've never actually seen one but from what I've gathered it seems like an ls/vtec is more powerful than any motor by itself.

You'll get plenty of power from an Ls turbo anyways :).

How is everyone doing. I just finish a project not so long ago, well its almost done but now i want to start a new one. I came across some money to do it, keep in mine that most of the labor will be done by my boy n me to save money. Im thinking about going ls_turbo just wanted to see if you guys like my part idea an how they combine before i finish buying the rest ......Thanx

HERE WAT I HAD IN MINEd....

--------------MOTOR----------------

B18b

-------------BLOCK-------------------

Type R water pump n oil pump
eagle crankshaft, rods n bearings
JE pistons 9.1 not sure if standard or bore out to 83.
Darton Sleeve
ARP studs, Head gasket

--------------HEAD--------------------
Rev oversized valves,retainers,dual springs
Edelbrock victor X intake mani. n 75mm Throttle body
Toda racing camshaft, cam gear n timing belt
MSD 2 step
aem or hondata ecu

The gas that would be use is Sunoco Cam2 100 octane n im thinking that i could problably push 25 to 30 pound of boost if all goes well i already have some of the stuff ....but would like some of you guys opinion just in case u wondering wat turbo im not saying yet cause im looking at some options.:D

Last edited:
First, use more periods so what you type is easier to understand.

Second, your PSI goal is completely irrelevant until you pick the turbo. How much power do you want to make, where do you want to make it, and were do you want the turbo fully spooled? Answer those questions and you'll be able to find the correct turbo.

Third, did you just pick popular brands or did you pick what you have for a reason? No offense, but that doesn't look like a comprehensive build list. It looks like you picked it out of a magazine.

Well here is the link to the turbo i would like to use, Turbonetics GT-K 650
n the list was pick between me n my boy most of the parts listed was put on his ls-vtec but drove it n loved it. He built the car himself so i knoe most of the parts i pick were good but if you have better suggestion im all ears....

we did a ls stroker 84mm 2.0 for a ls/vtec and for fun threw a stock ls head on it and it fucking ripped for a ls. Then we did the r head.

you know your right i might just do that...i wasnt really thinking about it but i knoe ill get more power

What I honestly think sounds bad is your lack of knowledge on what you're doing. I could be mistaken and you're just presenting yourself really badly, but it's what I'm going on. If you were really ready to drop the chunk of change you're talking about, I'd think that you wouldn't be asking for advice on a message board. I'd think you'd already have an engine builder that you trust. But the impression I get is that you don't really know what you're getting yourself into with a 600whp Civic. Take it with a grain of salt, I'm not insulting you I'm just being honest with you.

Dont worry i dont get insulted plus i just wanted other people opinion plus im not going to lie I only know a little about wat im getting in to plus i knoe how to put a motor in n do some other basic stuff most of the project ive done the motor has been built by shop this is the first motor i want to do with my boy pretty much he is jus guiding me threw the process .

no it isnt......

Well that's what I'm talking about. This forum is for 1987 and older cars.

And the stroker kit is effective, but it's also not cheap, nor is it for the beginner to attempt.

Well that's what I'm talking about. This forum is for 1987 and older cars.

And the stroker kit is effective, but it's also not cheap, nor is it for the beginner to attempt.

I know im not doing this on my own most of the money is coming from me but my boy works for strauss so when he buys he get the prices like if his buying it for the store so is much cheaper...

Back