need sugestion....asap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

its a habit i have of writng it like that .....lol.......I know the basic i help one of my other friends with his type r motor n its pushing 20 psi . I dont knoe if you heard about b20vtec.com most of my boys are in that page same resemblens to this one ,theres one of them that has a gsr civic coupe in the 9 sec. mark in a 1/4 mil. he built himself so i have alot of friends with lots of experience then me, so i pretty much have back up just in case. Like i said before i just wanted some other peoples opinion before i started i have some of the parts already .

"Pushing 20 psi" Means absolutely nothing to people who know something about Forced Induction.

PSI does NOT designate a certain power level. You could be "pushing" 20 PSI and make 400 whp, or you could be "pushing" 20 psi and make 280 whp. It's all in the tune.

Blanco has a valid point here. You cannot just throw parts at an engine and expect it to perform and produce the power levels you are seeking. Builds like this require immense amounts of time and research before the project is even considred. You need to realize that just because your engine has "X brand forged pistons" and "Y brand H-Beam rods," does not mean it's going to be bulletproof.

"Pushing 20 psi" Means absolutely nothing to people who know something about Forced Induction.

PSI does NOT designate a certain power level. You could be "pushing" 20 PSI and make 400 whp, or you could be "pushing" 20 psi and make 280 whp. It's all in the tune.

Blanco has a valid point here. You cannot just throw parts at an engine and expect it to perform and produce the power levels you are seeking. Builds like this require immense amounts of time and research before the project is even considred. You need to realize that just because your engine has "X brand forged pistons" and "Y brand H-Beam rods," does not mean it's going to be bulletproof.

Yeah i know that , you guys are all right .My boy is in his 4 something close to five though and that nigga is dumb when it comes to cars n his car is still running thats the funny part i know sooner or later his going to blow his engine cause he dont knoe how to take care of it . Im just going to go for it n see wat happens.

Like Blanco said above this is not a car that would have a lot of street time. I did a 2.1 ls-vtec turbo with all of the goodies and i have problems up the ass with every little thing. I would just do something small that you dont have to break your bank to do. Just get a turbo kit and boost 7psi and you will be happy.

Just throw a turbo kit on the Ls. Stock motor, you should be able to tune for 250whp maybe more.

It's a lot easier to understand someone when they know how to communicate.

You come off as a gutter kid who dropped out of school in the second grade because of emotional problems.

Ok fellas most of you guys are right so i might just turbo up my eg hatch that has a type s motor already built , from wat i have research i found out that you could push 25 pounds of boost on a stock k20 n since mines is all built i could push thirty ...tell me wat you think about that one i didnt want to put money in to it but since its already there .

You don't just go for max psi. You gotta research, pick a turbo that will make the power you want, piece together a kit or buy a kit, build it, get some tuning software, learn how to tune and start tuning til you get the results you want.

Set a horsepower goal and push whatever is required to reach it. You're doing it backwards.

Im all fucked up in the head ....i still havent dyno the hatch it sitting in the parkinlot picking up dust n making a big bill .....so once the weather gets a little nicer ill dyno it n see were im at then push for wat i want does it seem right now .

Back