Need the best possible Engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2Dr98HondaEX

Ok so I just purchased a :

98 Honda Civic EX (Bone Stock)

What I want to know is :

I need the best possible engine for Semi-Racing althought this will be my daily driver I plan to do the most possible to the engine and exterior/interior to make this car one of the best looking regardless of time and cash...

I need the BEST reliable/fastest engine/transmission both that will run good naturally asp. or exellent turbo charged money is no factor but I refuse to pay more than 5k for a engine/ 2k for tranny STOCK as I said I want this thing to be mean as hell but still able to be a daily driver... This is my FIRST car so im a amatuer to cars Ive owned quite a few trucks the last which would run into high 10's capablie all day and still get me to work in the morning... Help a car amatuer

Semi-racing, or sanctiond events? If it is for the latter, you need to get a rulebook and build the car to the class specifications. If its just for fucking around in...ehh, set a goal for yourself then decide. Decide if you want FI or NA...if you are used to 10 second trucks(what was it anyways?) my guess is you want to build a FI monster. Do some research and come ask specific questions is your best bet, nobody is going to hold your hand through this, so you need to be alittle more self sufficient.

its possible, assuming reliable means atleast 1 pass. lol.

well I dont know anything about honda civic engines or imported cars the vechile I ran into the 10's was a 99 chevy silverado regular cab shortwide with 20-30k aprrox in modifications i do understand turbos more or less and perfer turbo over superchargers

relaible meaning that it can still be a daily driver I do like to do SOME small street racing and I go to a organized race for all vechiles that doesnt really have specifications on your vechile only saftey items that need to be installed depending on how fast you run IE under 10 requires 5 point harness and rollcage (just an example)

Hi

I would go with a B18c1 with a turbo. Talk to to Jeff at Importbuilders.com he can get you all setup. Tell him what you want and what you got to spend and he will get you there.

get a 92-95 hatch, strip it.

get a GSR and work from there

that'll be what most ppl say

LS/vtec which is an integra LS engine<nonvtec> and slap a b16<vtec> head on it

CRVtec CRV block<nonvtec> with a vtec head on it

I went H22. i like my choice dammit. screw you guys, i like goin straight, i'm not an autocross guy. besides, spring rate saves all. lol.

Back