Need to bump up compression a little more

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigBoy

Its currently at 11:1

jdm b16a2 stock block
jdm b16a1 head
1 layer oem head gasket
jdm p30 pistons
skunk2 stage2 cams
toda 4-2-1
apexi ws2
2.5 carsound cat
stock tb/manifold
aem cai

I wanna raise the comp up maybe .5 (only have 91 octane in cali). Should i get the head milled? new pistons?

yikes...in cali i wouldnt go over 11:1 personally. Milling the head might net you a bit, but i couldnt ive you any figures.

You should be fine as long as you get it tuned. A thinner head gasket might be the cheapest solution. Anthing over 11.5 on 91 is kinda risky.

thinner gasket? im running a one layer oem. So is my compression right now high enough for stage 2's? i havent tuned it yet.

Tune it. That will get you more gains than bumping up your compression by a few tenths.

Quoted post[/post]]
Tune it. That will get you more gains than bumping up your compression by a few tenths.

Good input. I dunno why that wasnt my first response. Its like that dude who was trying to put his cable tranny in his 99 si when he had a hydro tranny in his other car.

The obvious answer didnt come immediately to mind.

Quoted post[/post]]

Best advice. I'd invest in some sort of stand alone system. I'm finishing my 11.5:1 ls, and wouldn't dream of driving without a good tune. A wideband, a tablet pc, turboedit, an ostrich, a socketed pm6 and a dyno will be my car's best friends in about 2 weeks. Try tuning it and running a little more ignition advance; you'll get the power you are looking for, but look out for the smog demons.

Back