need to buy tools

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

killbydemons

Not really sure if this is the right place for this thread, or there's a sticky already. So basically I need to get some tools to start working on my Honda, durp. What should I buy? I was thinking of just getting one of those 200+ piece sets Sears sells. I've heard cheap tools are bad, but I also realize it's an industry and don't believe in spending several grand on tools (at least at this stage of my automotive tuning venture).

Thanks ahead of time.

posted this up in another thread a few days ago

there is actually very little that you wont be able to handle with just a basic metric set of wrenches and sockets

obviously youll want a jack and some jack stands

other than that
some screw drivers
a BFH
some pry bars
a breaker bar
torque wrench

then when you want to start making things a bit easier get a compressor and some air tools

by this point youll probably be experienced enough to know what you want or need going forward

Hey thanks. Only metric? I won't need standard?
I don't think you will. being that it is a Honda and as far as I know, they only use metric.

But is it just imports that use metric just like Nissan and Mazda?

im a mechanic and i use the sears tool set you are talking about all the time at work it has almost every size i need for all of my jobs. I would recommend getting it all of sears hand tools also have a lifetime warranty so if a wrench or or socket just bring it back and youll get a new one.

Its good that sears has a good tool warranty, because you will need it.
You really don't need a big tool kit for working on Hondas. The only thing I would add to E's list is allen wrenches. As you start doing bigger jobs you can get the tools as you need them for jobs. Like the big socket for removing the axle retaining bolt.

Back