1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need to buy tools

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by killbydemons, Jun 22, 2011.

1. killbydemons

killbydemons New Member

Not really sure if this is the right place for this thread, or there's a sticky already. So basically I need to get some tools to start working on my Honda, durp. What should I buy? I was thinking of just getting one of those 200+ piece sets Sears sells. I've heard cheap tools are bad, but I also realize it's an industry and don't believe in spending several grand on tools (at least at this stage of my automotive tuning venture).

Thanks ahead of time.

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

posted this up in another thread a few days ago

3. killbydemons

killbydemons New Member

Hey thanks. Only metric? I won't need standard?

4. Ichigo1174

Ichigo1174 Member

I don't think you will. being that it is a Honda and as far as I know, they only use metric.

But is it just imports that use metric just like Nissan and Mazda?

5. skimboard71104

skimboard71104 New Member

im a mechanic and i use the sears tool set you are talking about all the time at work it has almost every size i need for all of my jobs. I would recommend getting it all of sears hand tools also have a lifetime warranty so if a wrench or or socket just bring it back and youll get a new one.

6. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

Its good that sears has a good tool warranty, because you will need it.
    You really don't need a big tool kit for working on Hondas. The only thing I would add to E's list is allen wrenches. As you start doing bigger jobs you can get the tools as you need them for jobs. Like the big socket for removing the axle retaining bolt.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted