1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to bypass S2000 immobilizer

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by civicious, Nov 1, 2010.

1. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

I would post this in the S2K forum, but it won't load for me for some reason.

I've got a 2000 S2K that I'm working on for a customer as a side job. He bought it wrecked, and it's been at a shop for about 2 years. The shop replaced a fuckton of parts, including the ECM. They allegedly reprogrammed it, and he drove it for a few days, but then it started running like shit so he took it back, and it's been sitting collecting dust with them not fixing it. I had it towed here earlier, and the battery is totally dead. I swapped the battery, and it's got an immobilizer on. I've got an HDS but I don't have an immobilizer card, so I can't reprogram keys. I KNOW there is a way to bypass it, and I'm about 99% certain that I know how - but I'd like to make sure. I need to get past this so I can diagnose the rest of the issues with the vehicle.

I would prefer that this NOT be posted on a public forum, so any jackass that's trying to steal a car can just google it and do it, but if any of you guys know a little more about this please send me a PM, or an email at wkitchens -at- gmail -dot- com. Just about everyone on here knows me, knows I'm an honest, straightforward guy, and should know that I am NOT looking to steal a car - I can even provide the vin number and photos of the car in my garage that I'm working on.

Thanks in advance.

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

Fixed the s2k forum. thanks for not reporting it :D

I would assume you could use a remote car starter bypass type thinggee. holler at neonmike.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted