Need to confirm my head is screwed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

From the General Tech Articles; https://hondaswap.com/general-tech-articles/how-leak-down-compression-tests-29104/

120psi seems kind of low, did you have the throttle all the way open?

The problem with just doing a compression test is that the compression can leak from several different places.

I think the throttle was closed acctually, My first time ever doing one :( Also keep in mind this was with a D15B8 block and a phat headgasket.

your first time by yourself did you read instructions it is fairly easy with the digital handheld one from craftsman good luck man with the car HONDA #1!;)

I'm pretty sure just from reading what that test it, its the valves now. You can hear it in the exhaust and intake.

and it was an analogue one with a friend we had rented from auto zone, didn't have a manual, we were just explained what to do with it.

1988hondacrxsiR1 >> ur new, and ur posting lots of crap. the dude didn't even post back updated results. chill out and stop trying to get a billion posts. it's not quantity, it's quality. i couldnt help but notice you post an average of 74 posts per day. that's like.... rediculous. all but 1 of the posts by you on this thread are useless and otherwise only confusing the guy. like "post pics"... of what? burned oil?

sorry Dasfinc, no thread jack intended. i've just been floatin around the forum and i couldnt help but say something.

blanco deffinatly has you going in the right direction; best of luck to you.

I posted in another thread mentioned about this guy being a post whore.

I'll be sure to 'post pics' of timeslips when the car is running right, how's that sound ;)

to yblegal i am not posting crap i am posting stuff of what i did on my ef b16 swap
i researched and researched and helping put
and this is ridiculous of this thread going on and on the head is the problem period!!! someone lock this thread the owner does not get it the head is done have it rebluit or replaced done deal;)

I already have a replacement... if you read the Original post.

I hope to have slips! I'm aiming for 16's due to my CX Tranny X.X

REPLACE RINGS, AND VALVE SEALS, could be the valves just burnt also, why not just check each possible problem, one step at a time?

Patience is a Vir....

just patience please

Back