need to fix my 91 Accord LX MT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sixstringmethod

I have a blown engine on my 91 Accord LX Manual. It is currently running an F22A1 and I am thinking of swapping in an F22A6 in place. How hard of a swap is it and is it worth the time/money. My other option is an F22A1 from a 93 Prelude S Series, is there any incompatibilities between these engines that I should know about. Any help is much appreciated.

Pretty easy swap(for me at least); bolt-in. If your motor is blown, it's definitely worth it.

I'd go with whatever has less miles. With the A6, just be sure to run the corresponding ECU for optimal performance.

which model ecu would be best for the A6? I am thinking I want to go with the A6 to get the tiny boost of performance, nothing fancy. I can pick up and A6 for about 400 as opposed to A1 for 700 pretty easy choice.

I found a PT6-A12 on ebay for $75 according to my research this would work for an F22A6 taken from a Accord EX like the one I am looking at. Am I correct in thinking this or does anyone know if there is a better ECU? I am fairly new to this stuff and I want to make sure I am reading my research correctly. Also do I need to swap my Intake Manifold from my A1 to an A6 or will the A1 Intake work? I would like to do as little swapping as I can.

Back