need to know if you can run a non vtec distributor in a d16y8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brndn18

can you run a d16a2 non vtec distributor in a d16y8 head need to know asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can but is a pain in the ass.. the mounting tabs don't line up and you will have to cut one off to fit it up..

i didnt think you would have to cut it off because it was a d series head and and series???i need a vtec d16y8 distirb.do kno where i could get one...

I just used my last housing.. I could of sold it to you and you would just have to change out the internals.. You can try fitting the dizzy up to it.. Maybe im thinking of a b16 head where the vtec is to close to the dizzy..

did you figure this out?

i have the same problem your having...i got the d15b2 block n d16y8 head n the d15 head is trash n need to know if the d15b2 dizzy works?

d15b2 with d16z6 head

i have the same problem your having...i got the d15b2 block n d16y8 head n the d15 head is trash n need to know if the d15b2 dizzy works?
i have a d15b2 block and a d16z6 head i dont know if theres any differnce but the distributer is a 4tu2 somthing like that i have to check the car when i get home but it has been coverted from the original stock harness to obd0 to obd1 on ecu side and converted to dizzy at the distributer i can so you pic just hit me up raymondjojogarcia@yahoo.com

Back