Need to make flyers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DwnShftPrincess

I need to design some flyers for my job but all i have on my computer is Microsoft Works and I hate their cheesy preset flyers. Any help?:mellow:

go to staples and buy some toner carts and they'll give you a copy of HP marketing assistant free, or paypal me $10 and I'll mail you one of my multiple copies :)

yeah i got paint. i'm screwing around with Word and watermarks and textboxes. this shit sucks. no photoshop arrrrrgggghhhhhh!

I would be happy to share some programs with you, including Quark, Pagemaker, and all sorts of press and publication help and applications..

But I'm just an icky 30 year old.

So suffer, little girl.

that's cool cel. i'll just spend the next 20 minutes starring at this screen hoping something catastrophic happens to my computer so i will be free of the task before me. :(

i'm telling you, download.com
you get free 30 day trials
make your flyer and you're set

or just go start->run command or cmd
then format:c
catastrophic indeed

that's cool cel. i'll just spend the next 20 minutes starring at this screen hoping something catastrophic happens to my computer so i will be free of the task before me. :(

Ohhh a poor damsel in distress !!!

You poor, poor helpless thing.....is there anything I can do for you?

due to the recent comment made by my employer and his ability NOT to make up his mind he can make his own f****** flyers.

Life as a receptionist is a bitch, isn't it?

Why don't you take a well-deserved break from answering phones, applying postage stamps to letters and making coffee in the break room?

It sounds like you need a definate vacation from those slave drivers you work for, sweetie.

I love people.

I've been forced to make some ridiculously complex stuff in the simplest of programs. I can make a killer flyer using a graphical DISPLAY program called Irfan view. (IrfanView - one of the most popular viewers worldwide I think). It's free, it's powerful - but it's not really the program you want. Quark is what you want. And Quark is complex, and expensive.

im with recked, find a 30 day free trial of something, create, print, delete program. That or tell him you do not have the proper resources to adequetely do the task he has given you. Tell him that you are hesitant to use MS works or paint because it wont turn out as professionally as you'd like it to be. YOu dont want to risk the integrity of the company with some cheap cheesey MS flyers.

or something similar.

When it comes to working with Authority, people need to look no further than the teachings of Eric Cartman.

"Look, Asshole. If you want me to do something, but give me no tools to it, what do you expect ? You bitch about my own whining, but doing this, and satisfactorily mind you, is right up there with shitting my self, finding no toilet paper, and using my hand to squeegee the shit off mah ass cheeks. My hands, mind you. "

thanks. i told him about the programs cel suggested and even just the idea of purchasing some software b/c i'm going to have to do this a lot. he was like "let me think about it". so i sent him some of the suggested links and he's like, "we don't already have something that you can use." i gave him the straightface and told him i can't do them with what i have but he can easily pay someone for the designing and printing of them so i called and got a quote for him. 5 minutes later, "what software do you need?"

:mellow: <_<

Last edited:
Back