Need to move to a new area.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by brian11to1+Sep 6 2005, 12:20 AM-->
VTECin5th
@Sep 5 2005, 06:09 AM
Phoenix, don't waste your time coming here unless:
You love hot weather.
You're fluent in spanish and english.
You have no desire to keep anything of value (your car).
You want to pay outrageous prices for BUYING a home, if you are renting, it is considerably cheaper.
You love hot weather.
You dislike rain/snow. (300 sunny days per year on Avg.)
You don't mind dealing with tons and tons of illegal immigrants.
We have GREAT freeways, best freeways i have been on tied with new mexico's.
Mexico is only a 3 hour drive.
Weed is roughly $360 per pound.
Coke is cheaper than most places.
Meth pipes are available at any liquor store for $3.
Plenty of illegal immigrants to traffic in weed and coke.
Cops are very leniant.
Emissions .... very easy to please.
High car insurance rates.
Networking jobs are always available.
In winter it is 60 degrees and nice, if you need, you can drive an hour up north, and it's 20 degrees and snowing. (snowboarding/skiing etc)
Small businesses work well here.
24 hour McDonalds, Jack in the Box, Wendy's, Wal Mart, SubWay, etc.
[post=549721]Quoted post[/post]​

We need to meet up. Im new here.

I love Arizona. Im from Kansas City, Missouri. It was alright there.
[post=550064]Quoted post[/post]​

i'm also originally from phoenix. it's a great place to be depending on where you are. pretty much everything vtec in 5th is true.. the northern part of phoenix ia very nice.. car theft is a big problem though.. i had 2 honda's stolen in 1 year and 9 days.. but neither had an alarm..

on the house thing: my parents house was worth about 130,000 14 months ago..(built in 1976, 2100 sq feet, 3 bedroom, 2.5 baths, pool, 1/4 acre lot) now it's worth about 260,000

i now live in tucson where it's a solid 8-10 degree's cooler with a ton more illegal immegrants.. i live about a mile from U of A so it's a descent place to be.

i love it here, but i'm getting sick of the immigrants.
I am half mexican, but what they are doing to this state is disgusting.
Northern Az is Perfect, but work is scarce.
Az is neat, it's close to Cali, close to Vegas, it's everywhere you wanna be. (visa plug)
Brian11to1, im on 59th ave and thomas, where you>?
We bought this house in 1990, for 48.9k, and 8 years ago it was appraised at 99-105k.
They have since built a park, and a soccer field across the street, so i'm sure it's rediculous right now.

Originally posted by erikespo@Sep 6 2005, 12:04 AM
I bought my CRX in Poughkeepsie. Tons of one way streets. but that was only one side of it.. prolly the ghetto side.

yeah, most of po-town sucks... but EVERYTHING is on rte 9. the surrounding towns are real nice, and a 15 min commute to po town would be perfect. just stay this side of the river, else you'll be banged a buck a day on the damn mid-hudson bridge.

plus, you're only an hour and change away from me/the rest of us CT folks...

I will probably stay east coast.. Right now I am deciding between Worschester area in Mass., Tampa area in Florida, and Rochester area in NY, Not sure what one though.
Rochester is closer to my wife's parents and my brother in law :unsure:
Tampa is closer to my parents and my sister
and Worschester is around where my wife used to live (Uxbridge area)
[post=550028]Quoted post[/post]​

worschester is a dump... i would never live there.
tampa, too humid... hurricane prone... inflated value of living
rochester... hardly a move to more civilization... lol

Try Baltimore... there are so many jobs out there. Plus we have Dc real close if you like high profile jobs. Cost of living is o.k. depending on where you live. My family lived 20 minutes from Baltimore city in a decent area, and a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath house was bought for 89k 10 yrs ago now just sold for 170k. So the market is going up. Colleges cannot be beat here, we have Loyola, Towson, Johns Hopkins, University of Maryland, Villa Julie, McDaniel (old western Md), and UMBC all just within an hour range of each other. Hospitals are key in the maryland area again with Johns Hopkins, GBMC, Mercy, St. Agnus, and BayVeiw. If you like street racing it is pretty big here, also there is 2 tracks in the area. You can hit up Famous Buds Creek, or travel an Hour to get to Capitol. Peope are generally middle to high class (depending on the area again) But look into the white marsh/ Perry hall area for a nice, friendly, calm community to live in.

yeah, most of po-town sucks... but EVERYTHING is on rte 9. the surrounding towns are real nice, and a 15 min commute to po town would be perfect. just stay this side of the river, else you'll be banged a buck a day on the damn mid-hudson bridge.

plus, you're only an hour and change away from me/the rest of us CT folks...

if you move to pough come visit me
lol

Cali bitches. anywhere you live here, you will love it. we have pretty good climates everywhere, and we got the mountains, beach, desert, forest, anything well within a days drive, usually a lot less. yea smog sucks but oh well, you learn to live with it pretty easy, and if you got hook ups its not a problem at all.

No thanks on the cali think.. I like not having to worry about emissions and my 93 octane pump gas. they may pay well but i don't need to drop half a million on a house.

i personally love CT
good roads (north west corner :) )
good location (can get to NYC, Boston, or Providence within 2 hours :) )
decent amount of pretty good clubs / bars
jobs pay well
housing isnt as retarded as many other areas
weather isnt too bad
despite what most people around here say, there is actually lots of shit to do, its all just a matter of getting off your ass and doing it

theres plenty of places that i would like to go to visit and stuff... but i cant see myself living in any of them

Originally posted by VTECin5th@Sep 6 2005, 02:16 AM
Az is neat, it's close to Cali, close to Vegas, it's everywhere you wanna be. (visa plug)
We bought this house in 1990, for 48.9k, and 8 years ago it was appraised at 99-105k.
They have since built a park, and a soccer field across the street, so i'm sure it's rediculous right now.
[post=550078]Quoted post[/post]​

Avondale Blvd and Van Buren. Over by the P.I.R. I work off the 101 and Raintree in Scottsdale. I really enjoy living here. The weather used to get to me, but not so much anymore. I like it.

I might be out at Dobson and Guadalupe this Saturday. I need to get some friends, so I cant sit at home all the time.

Originally posted by brian11to1+Sep 7 2005, 12:09 AM-->
VTECin5th
@Sep 6 2005, 02:16 AM
[post=550078]Quoted post[/post]​

Avondale Blvd and Van Buren. Over by the P.I.R. I work off the 101 and Raintree in Scottsdale. I really enjoy living here. The weather used to get to me, but not so much anymore. I like it.

I might be out at Dobson and Guadalupe this Saturday. I need to get some friends, so I cant sit at home all the time.
[post=550502]Quoted post[/post]​

you both were close.. i lived at 43rd and cactus.. and i worked at 115th and indian school :)

Back