1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to raise my civic!

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by 90B16a1si, Apr 20, 2006.

1. 90B16a1si

90B16a1si Member

My spring compressors are too big to squeeze and raise my coilovers in the front. I want to raise them all the way. Eibach/Tokico. Do compressors exist that can get in there and raise these tiny springs?

2. wanderinman

wanderinman Senior Member

Just making sure... but you do have the car jacked up so that the suspension is at full droop, right?

3. 90B16a1si

90B16a1si Member

Yes, but thanks for a good laugh.

4. 90B16a1si

90B16a1si Member

5. HatchSpeeD

HatchSpeeD ...Hi...

I don't get it...you have coilovers correct? Why not jack up the car, take off tire, adjust coilover height. Am I missing something here? Why do you have to compress the springs? Even if your taking coilovers off, most if all that i've ever installed, did not even have to compress the spring. Just simpy took them off.

6. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

:withstupid:

ive adjusted my coilovers a few times for corner balancing and never needed a spring compressor.... you are doing something wrong

7. 90B16a1si

90B16a1si Member

I can raise them and lower them to a certain extent but I can't raise the fronts all the way up because the spring is pushing down on the adjuster. I lossen it but I can't twist it up far enough without reducing the pressure from the spring. Maybe I am doing something wrong!?

8. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

as soon as the car is lowered back down off the jacks.. the shock should compress a little and make the spring part touch again.. it should be fine

9. 90B16a1si

90B16a1si Member

The spring touches even before the car is lowered off the jack. I think I am going to modify my spring compressors and hope for the best. It will still be installed so it can't explode on my or anything. Wish me luck.

10. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

what kind of coilovers do you own? some coilovers have 2 separate bottom pieces that you turn, one to adjust the height and one as a lock.

11. 90B16a1si

90B16a1si Member

they are tokico illumina 5's adjustable and the springs themselves are eibach ground control. A allen wrench loosens the ring and I have to use pliars to turn the ring. As I screw them up the spring gets squeezed and resists the turning.

12. 90B16a1si

90B16a1si Member

I ended up using a large screwdriver and carefully turning the adjuster little by little. It was a pain but I didn't damage anything in the end.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted