need to settle a dispute

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I prefer the B16 head over a GSR. That's just me though.

On a flow bench a GSR outflows a B16. If you use a GSR head on an LSVTEC you'll have higher compression than if you used a B16.

Once the heads are ported however, they're both about the same if I'm not mistaken.

Instead of asking a bunch of know-it-alls on a forum why dont you email some of the big names in the industry? Endyn, Portflow, CCCylinderheaders, IBspec (Import Builders). They probably have more experience working with the heads in question than anyone in this thread. They may be able to tell you which head is acutally better in terms of flow and whatever else you wanna know.

Instead of asking a bunch of know-it-alls on a forum why dont you email some of the big names in the industry? Endyn, Portflow, CCCylinderheaders, IBspec (Import Builders). They probably have more experience working with the heads in question than anyone in this thread. They may be able to tell you which head is acutally better in terms of flow and whatever else you wanna know.

thanks for the reference's, but its not to big of a problem just thought i would throw the question out for discussion.

lol i thought someone would... i didn't think my thread would go this long... but i don't have to worry about it any more. My brother got rid of his car so i don't have to here his mouth about it any more... thanks to all for there input, i never had anything negative to say about the gsr head its just me I would rather have a head that flows better, you can always make up the compression with pistons and head gasket..

IIRC, Import Builders posted up a flow chart though this is all I can dig up:

4229804309_a9d4f6d6a7_o.gif

Here's at 10" vacuum:
b16vsgsrheadstock.jpg

Last edited:
how abt these 2 brothers quit argueing, if i remember the comparisons correctly the difference in the heads on the flow chart is sooo insignificant it doesnt really matter

The arguement is over like i stated a few post ago.. but it was just a topic i wanted to throw out to just get some opinions. this was just all started over cause we put a b16 head on a gsr block due to the gsr head was messed up, but we had the b16 head PnP gasket matched. To me i don't really care the are both good heads, and from the charts that tells me the are both damn near the same.

Flow is the same; but you get a bump in compression with the GSR head which certainly means more power.

Flow is the same; but you get a bump in compression with the GSR head which certainly means more power.

+1

It's not a matter of opinion, it's FACT.

FLOW IS THE SAME
+ GSR HAS MORE COMPRESSION
STOCK FOR STOCK, GSR MAKES MORE POWER

It pisses me off that Honda has PR-3 for B16 and Type R stamps on the head. Also pisses me off that all the codes for transmissions can be a variety of different transmissions.

Sorry....just a rant

cool cool now we got the stock rating out of the way.. what about built comparison
Are you serious?

Built they can still flow the same; the GSR will still have more compression. The combustion chamber is smaller. Do you get it yet?

Man its so funny how everyone here gets so pissed off about a stupid discussion. Im just sitting back laughing that you all are getting pissed that im asking these questions when i already know the answers i just like getting other opinions, but everyone one wants to get all mad and say im stupid. So why can't this just be about a discussion for NOOBS that don't know shit and want to know which head they should go with....

Man its so funny how everyone here gets so pissed off about a stupid discussion. Im just sitting back laughing that you all are getting pissed that im asking these questions when i already know the answers i just like getting other opinions, but everyone one wants to get all mad and say im stupid. So why can't this just be about a discussion for NOOBS that don't know shit and want to know which head they should go with....
Nice cover.. It is not a discussion about opinion. That is above your head.

Back