need to stop rattles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

well i got my system put in my jeep a couple weeks ago. its nothing that great, but i'll upgrade little by little in between doing my lift kit and otehr upgrades. so far i'm just running Pioneer 5.25" 2 ways int he stock locations, a 10" Orion sub in a bandbass box that was made to the exact airspace for the sub and was sealed all the way around with no stupid plexiglass on it, so basically the sub is now built into the box and isn't visible. the amp i'm running is a 200w MTX, but tommorrow my 300w Orion should arrive in the mail. as far as bass, the sub is very impressive, that shit hits good with rap music and sounds awesome with some good rock. the mids and highs are not loud enough for me though becaseu the stock speaker locations don't really allow you to hear it well, but ti sounds alright.

the problem i have now is that the interior panels rattle. i havent sat inside the rear cargo area with the system on to find exactly which ones are doing it, but i can hear something rattling. I don't want to drop the cash to dynomat it right now, but i need something to put in between the panels so it doesn't rattle.

does anyone have any recommendations as to what i could buy and cut to each part that i need?

EDIT:damn, spellin owns me. eh, i don't feel like fixing it all.

you can get it in different thicknesses. i used 1/4in.

I used the cheap ice dam prevention mat from any local lumber yard for all of the unseen areas and it worked great for the price. I paid 60.00 or so for 150.00 feet.

Silicon sealent works good. You put a dab of it in between an place that rattles and it drys to a rubbery substance. Works good for small spots, and if you have to remove it, it just peels off without much hassel.

me and a friend went halfs on a 6'x9' roll of the under carpet foam because we both needed it, so hopefully that does the trick.

Back