need torque settings

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
hey guys what do you torque the header nuts to on a b18c1? i guess its the same for all bseries, dont see why it would be different, so anyone with a helms or other service manual can i please get these numbers? i used to have the online one for the crx with the b16a dohc vtec suppliment, but i lost the link. also if anyone has the link to that online manual i would appreciate that too. i remember it being a sticky in the general tech forum, but i guess it got lost when things on the site got messed up. thanks :)

just do it as tight as u can by hand. i think its like 47lbs or something but doing it as tight as u can by hand is fine.

Originally posted by hondahauge@Oct 8 2003, 04:42 PM
Do your research it is all over the net do a search on yahoo or some search engine.

please, if you dont have anything helpful to add to my thread, dont reply, its that simple. dont you think i already tried to search? well i did and i came up short. im not asking anyone to do research for me, i asked anyone that has a helms manual or otherwise for a bseries engine to just crack the book open and find the torque settings for what i asked for. and im not trying to get anyone to go out and look for the online service manual, just anyone that already has it saved already or anything like that. im still open to more answers from others, thank you.

thanks sleeper, sounds about right, can you confirm it? the only reason i want the actual torque setting is so i can get all of them the same. im anal i guess, dont ask. lol. anyone else?

ok. it's listing the following:

Exhaust manifold-to-cylinder head nuts..........23 Ft-lbs
Exhaust pipe-to-manifold nuts.......................40 Ft-lbs
Exhaust manifold upper cover bolts................17 Ft-lbs

i'm sure you already know that you need to start in the center and tighten them in a criss-cross pattern but i thought i would mention it anyway.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Oct 8 2003, 07:34 PM
ok. it's listing the following:

Exhaust manifold-to-cylinder head nuts..........23 Ft-lbs
Exhaust pipe-to-manifold nuts.......................40 Ft-lbs
Exhaust manifold upper cover bolts................17 Ft-lbs

i'm sure you already know that you need to start in the center and tighten them in a criss-cross pattern but i thought i would mention it anyway.

thank you, the first on was the one i was looking for, ehaust manifold to cyliner head. yea i knew about the starting in the center thing. thanks again.

Back