1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need torque specs

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by SolidDreamz, Oct 17, 2004.

1. SolidDreamz

SolidDreamz Senior Member

im installing new piston rings and i have the haynes manual and i cant ind the torque specs for the piston cap bolts that go around the crankshaft. Closet thing i found but nt sure was it saying Driveplate-to-crankshaft bolts at 54ft-lbs. Is that it? I want to finish this today so if any one can let me know what to torque it to or if that is what it is I would greatly appreciate it. Engiine is a d15b7 or d16z6, specs are the same. Would it hurt it if I just tightened as hard as possible? I know the bearing are on it though. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. 97CTR

97CTR Senior Member

Yes it would hurt to tighten them as hard as possible. You wouldn't be driving long. I beleive that it is 60 ft/lbs, but that is from memory. It is in your haynes manual, either under connecting rods caps or along those lines, its in the engine overhaul area somewhere.

3. eroman

eroman Member

I think the rod caps bolts for a B18A are supposed to be tightened to 23 ft/lbs. (if I remember correctly) I know it's a different motor, but 40 ft/lbs is a big difference.

Am I remembering correctly?

I smoke way too much weed...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted