Need wheels for new TSX...oh yeah!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
Just picked up a brand new 04 Acura TSX last night. The Car is BAD!! Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions on a set of wheels. Looking for something 19" and black (maybe with a polished lip.) The car is silver. Oh yeah, something top notch (no real cheap wheels) Thanks :p

Holy 19's batman.

What the hell would you put 19's on a 'sports' car for?
I'm with asmallsol, lightweight 17's and lower the car for the "look" of larger wheels at most.

I dont know if he'd want to void the warranty by putting on springs, if he wants 19's let him have it. Hes not gonna be autoxing it or drag racing it anytime soon i would think, so that rotational mass hes gonna gain isnt going to hurt him much.

It's not just the fact that you gain the rotational mass... as it would make that car butt-ugly with 19's.

my friend has 18's on his audi and it looks sick , im not a fan of that either. why would he swap out the same size rims anyway, tsx comes with 17's right? go for 18 or 19 if thats your thing. you guys have to remm this is a larger car not a civic or integra. racing hart makes some pretty slick rims try them. http://www.dazzmotorsports.com/wheels_rac.asp

TSX has a bad rev limiter on it, and when was it a sports car, if he wants whatever size he can get it.

19s I think would look nice on that type of car as long as you can get it to sit low enough so it doesn't look skyjacked.

I'd reccomend Racing-hart also

I'm with "riceboy" LiquidMeth.... Rock those 19's. :lol:
If he was worried about going fast he wouldn't have bought the TSX now would he...?

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Aug 18 2003, 05:14 PM
If he was worried about going fast he wouldn't have bought the TSX now would he...?

I actually see a LOT of potential in the TSX. Go look at how the TSX's K24 is built!

By no means am I saying the TSX is a bad car, it's just a little big and heavy to be super quick IMO. The RSX-s is faster isn't it? and less money? I'm just saying that if he was worried about wheels slowing him down then he probablly would not have bought the TSX and bought a RSX or a fucking STUPID Si. Good call on the TSX tho...

Originally posted by asmallsol@Aug 18 2003, 08:31 PM
hell yea, it is basicly an OEM frankinstien engine. The CRV block with the RSX typeS head.

I don't care about the head- I'm talking about the bulletproof bottom end design. Some of the Nissan guys are calling the K24 from the TSX the "new SR20".

Either the SSR GT1's or GT3's would be your best bet for your TSX. Awesome choice for your car. Too bad the AWD version isn't here in the States.
Next choice after that is the OZ Crono Evolutions. Sweet wheel. 19lb's or so in the 18"

ssr_gt1_ci3_l.jpg

Enkie GTVs...... yummy... I can't get a pic tho, can someone find one?
**grumble, I hate this stupid work computer.., grumble**

thats what my friend has on his brand new audi, sick

Back