Need Winter Tires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
So I went to go buy some food and my car is sliding all over the fucking place. I'm not used to driving in the snow so I need all the help I can get. I "know how" to drive in these conditions but i've never had the chance to perfect like most of you guys on here lol.

Can someone point me in the direction of some good winter/snow tires? I tried TireRack.com and they didn't have much for my size. 15's...

im needing these too! ive heard goot things about blizzacks or however you spell them, any better options?

Continental ExtremeWinterContact - good too(better than x-ice)

Michelin X-Ice Xi2 - good

i would go with blizzak out of all.
but stay away from Pirelli winter tires

Put on four winter tires, don't bother with just putting two on the front, honeslty it'll make a difference, but you'll have TONS of oversteer in a car that normally understeers. It won't help your situation unless you're aware of the snap-oversteer you're going to cause.

I learned to drive in Germany, where you don't want all-season tires because they just don't cut it, you really do need winter snow/ice or studless snow/ice if you're planning on driving in snow.

Sorry, out of my price range :( Thanks for the offer though. My budget is $200. I was just planning on getting 2 good snow tires for the fronts since it only snows just enough to give me problems but not so much to where i would need all 4.

NO NO NO NO NO.

DO NOT EVER FUCKING EVER run 2 snows and 2 summers. christ. no. lol

you'll be ever MORE out of control like that.

not sure of your exact size, but these in 185/60 should do the trick.

Dunlop Graspic DS-3

NO NO NO NO NO.

DO NOT EVER FUCKING EVER run 2 snows and 2 summers. christ. no. lol

you'll be ever MORE out of control like that.

not sure of your exact size, but these in 185/60 should do the trick.

Dunlop Graspic DS-3

Thank you for emphasizing that. Funny that you recommended the same times I have for sale.

That's a possibility.

y0, OP, lemme know if you want to buy just the tires. $200 + shipping.

I wasn't going to run 2 summers in the rear lol. I have 2 All Seasons (already on the car) for the rear BUT if you guys say that isn't good either, then I will take your advice since I really don't have snow experience like you guys lol.

If i'm gonna get all 4 tires, I need winter wheels too then so maybe i will get the entire set from you... I'll let you know how my money situation looks this coming friday :)

K, lemme know. I'm kinda tired of seeing them in my apartment.

blizzacks area great-- IN the snow.

the problem with living in the northern belt is that you honestly maybe have 10-20 days out of the 100 days of winter where there's actual snow on the roads. Thus, you want a tire that is ok on the dry pavement too. And this is where i feel the blizzacks fail. They are TOO dedicated to being a snow tire that they forgot about being a 'cold weather' tire.

Back