need wiring help with edelbrock PerformerX kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vector

I picked up this performer X kit that's never been installed for $700 .. what a steal!! only things I don't have are oil lines and the intercooler/piping

also, there is no documentation.. the hardware install is pretty easy for me.. but not real sure where all the wires hook up from the little box that controls the fuel injectors on the secondary fuel rail... if anyone can point me to a wiring schematic or some such helpful thing it would be greatly appreciated :)

T.I.A.

dont mean to be a jerk about this, but id ditch that stupid box.

Id get new injectors, and chip/tune your ecu. Those secondary injector things lead to car fires, and id hate to see that happen. They really suck, its about as dangerous as running Dry nitrous on a car that only has a FPR.

as for the rest, you can get all the parts you need for an oil line kit here:

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=tp&Category_Code=OIL

and then most local muffler shops are willing to help you with intercooler piping (once everything else is installed). Big companies like midake dont do it, but lil mom and pop places usually will.

yeah I've been considering just getting rid of it.. I've been reading about how they have lots of issues.. like detonation (which is half the point of the box anyway, to avoid that). I already have a chipped ecu.. I will maybe just get a turbo program for it.

as for piping.. I'm taking it to Excessive Autosports here in town to have that made (and to have it tuned and dyno'd)

still would like wiring info so I can run it for a bit until I get the $$ for a real solution to be put in place :)

if you're already chipped, don't waste your time with that box.

get some dsm 450cc injectors (about 50 bucks) or aftermarket by RCeng.com

assuming you have a b16/b18, and are obd1...

download crome from tunewithcrome.com, make a p30 map, add boost tables, and set your injector size. Add .75 degree ignition retard per psi.
you have a base map to get around town until you can tune (but don't romp on it...)
if you don't have access to a burner, there are guys on here who make and ship you a chip for $10-$15.

so under 75 buck investment, you'll be better off.
and you can re-sell the extra injector crap and probably come out even with a better, safer, more powerful car.

okie dokie... so assuming I don't have a b16/b18......... it's a d16z6 motor (only 20k miles on the rebuild) w/p28 ecu... would the same apply for just making a turbo chip?

and how does a system like that get tuned at the shop? I would assume they would need a chip burner..is it just a trial-and-error burn-n-try?

you can do the burn and burn again, or you can get a piece of hardware called 'ostrich' which will emulate a chip without having to pull it and reburn it.

Crome is free, and any tuner that can tune hondata has the ability to tune crome. They are very similar.

Back