Need your feedback for new store

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ive got suggestions!! here they are:

1. dont just cater to imports. cater to minitrucks, 4x4s and muscle cars as well. you will have better business (i believe) if you are more diverse.
2. do custom fabrication
3. installing stuff you sell is a bonus
4. be helpful to customers
5. sell everything from turbo systems, air ride suspension to altezza lights and everything in between
6. word of mouth is great advertising and so is a good radio commercial. maybe when you have your grand opening, get a radio station out there to do a live broadcast for a few hours and give away free food (pizza works).

those are my suggestions. if i have more i will post them.

BodyDroppedNikes

I agree with all of your suggestions except for muscle cars. Not because I am not a fan but because it is not in my league (can't defend myself well in that area)...we'll see how business grows and perhaps later. Custom fabrication is something we def. want to get into but starting up of course we can't tackle all or I'll overwhelm us.

Also, I love pizza :D

Thanks again

i live in orlando..... what part are you guys in?

my friends and i go back to places that actually know what the are talking about [mentioned above]. anyone can follow instructions, but there is a way to do things that makes them oem like. i hate looking at peoples cars when they look thrown together. and they say they actually paid for it.

customer service is KING.a shop that keeps its word and time obligations is always a +, if you say it will be done in a day it should be done in a day. meeting deadlines is a good policy.

but like pissedoffsol said, good wrenchers are the key to $$$.

kinda drunk so....

formby,

we are in east orlando but I can't give details. I don't know if it's allowed to advertise in here without permission and we are not open for business yet either. Once we are settled in (within 2 months) you'll def. know. It will be tough at first since growing the inventory can be time consuming. It takes money to make money but it also takes great customer service to keep those customers happy. Baby steps and no rush it key as well. Our e-Commerce should help us out a lot for the first year or two. We'll keep our fingers crossed and pray ;)

once you see us up and running, i am sure u and everyone else will agree that we do things right. I have learned in the past that if I have never done a task or can't accomplish a task, don't do it. we don't over-take on jobs unless the time to complete it is solid.

i worked in a shop in up north for a while in the past that had a good thing going but he thought he could do everything by himself and found himself drowning. poor guy but most of all, poor customers...they were indeed nice people with a lot of patience. i learned from his mistakes and we will (i don't want to say be better) but we'll do things differently so that we all gain in the end.

thanks for the tips

Location Is Everything I Have A Stor And A Shop In Nj And People Are Allways Hanging Around And Not Mutch Gets Done So You Need To Think About If You Want That

thats all management..

user error,
" if you have time to lean you have time to clean"
lol

o yea...location with any business is vital...i remember workin for a lil restaurant that had just opened in the worst location ever...haha...we were only open for a few months...

just a few points here. i have a business degree and am legally self employed. and i spend a shitload at some local shops when i can't do it myself.

1)have a dyno and be able to tune.
2)build a reputation for something. drift/drag/forced induction. be the go to shop in the area for something.
3)be ready to spend a lot to be able to be a distributor. i think skunk2 is a $15,000 buy in.
4)have little shit available and in stock. air fresheners,mirrors, light bulbs. that gets people in the door.
5)service service service. underpromise and overdeliver. it's the key to business.
6)treat customers like gold. someone with good service will tell 3 people. someone with bad service will tell 10.

i could go on forever but i'll end here for now.

get_nick,

dyno is nice...pricy for now ;-)

i agree about having a large in-house inventory..thanks for the feedback...I appreciate it

ciao

if you can't afford your own dyno, get in a biz relationship with someone who does near by. Send them all your customers in return for something.

get_nick,

dyno is nice...pricy for now ;-)

i agree about having a large in-house inventory..thanks for the feedback...I appreciate it

ciao

yeah, a mustang dyno is about $50,000. that's just a little more than b's new car. :lol:

anyways, you don't need a big inventory. you just need to be able to get stuff quickly and efficiently at low cost. i was just referring to the cost of being able to be a distributor for a company.

Back