Need your guys help for my friend

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allbottledup

Alright so here it goes. My boy has had this car a few months. The winshield was cracked so he didnt drive it. Now the winshield got replaced the other day and the battery was dead. So he got a new battery and put it in. Now none of his guages work. Everything else in the car works fine, and the lights in the cluster work. So i dont know what the hell it is. Thats why I stick with hondas because Volkswagens suck.
Heres the messed up part. I joined a VW forum site last night for help, and not one response to the post. Alot of views and no response. This proves to me how much other forum sites suck and why I love this site. Even if i get rid of both my hondas ill still post here alot. Thanks in advance for your help.

I don't know anything bout VWs but when my alternator went out, and my sister's was going out, her gauges wouldn't work.
(the tach,speedo,temp,gas) ?

Quoted post[/post]]
I don't know anything bout VWs but when my alternator went out, and my sister's was going out, her gauges wouldn't work.
(the tach,speedo,temp,gas) ?

You try to jump start it?

If you did, my guess is that you fried it and its popping a fuse. My uncle had a '99 Bug that he picked up for resale and it sat for quite awhile and the battery died, so we jump started it. Little did we know you aren't supposed to jumpstart these cars like you would another car. The fuse kept popping but NOTHING turned on, he wound up having to pay like $400 for the chip he fried.

I just talked to him and he said he tried to jump it. What part did you uncle have to get replaced.

ouch, the electrical system in vw's are pretty touchy. My friend has a 98 GTI VR6 and his electric door locks dont work, some inside lights dont work.. the more i like the r32, the more i remember the issues

Good idea.

my mazda has never failed me and my honda keeps doing so...but i still like honda better...wierd that way.

yep, my Audi has a few electrical problems. The HVAC controls light up when they want. You need it to know what the temp is..when I turn on the A/C it takes a few mins to kick in. I have to feel the car lose power to know that it's on.

Back