need your opinion...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vpower

some guy had his car posted on craigslist for trade and was interested in a 88-95 si hatch and some cash on top...he has a 99 Si/SiR civic coupe...the car is in prestine condition and flawless...has no problems...the catch is it was in an accident 2 years ago and has a salvage title...but now the car looks super clean...the car has a b16a2...i have a 91 si hatch with a jdm b18c in it with a stage 1 clutch by gripforce, i have rear disc conversion, have skunk 2 pro c series dampers, and my interior i would rate like a 6.5/10 and exterior is like 8/10 besides the fact my front driver side fender is damaged...he is willing to trade with 1400.00 cash on top for his ride...should i do it???

NO! Salvage title and he's the one stuck trying to get rid of it. Someday...you'd be the guy stuck trying to get rid of it. It has shit for value and he wants you to put money on top? No. If it was a straight trade and you wanted a change....okay. But you'd still be that guy stuck trying to get rid of it someday

Plus that thing is a slug slug slug (sorry if I hurt any 99/00 Si owners but that car is a tank with 100lbs of torque)
Its barely worth the amount he wants you to put on top. Your swap is worth more then his car. Shit....his motor is worth 3 times the price of the shell.

salvage title is only good for badluck..pass it up..

Salvage title isn't 'always' bad. In this case of it being salvaged due to an accident, then yeah, i'd stay away. I've had a ton of friend's who's cars were salvaged because they got stolen and the interior taken. Motor and trans left perfectly fine.

I'd say run a carfax if you ever wanted to purchase a salvaged title car but in this case you know it was in an accident so just stay away lol...

Back