Need ZC Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Question: The front motor mount (timing belt side of motor) appears to have one bolt in the head. The lower two appear to go to the block. Is this correct and I shouldn't have raise and support the motor to get the head off?
that is correct - this is ZC mount:

ZCdriver_mount-1.jpg

Took off the camshaft cover to discover two intake rockers, one from cylinder 1 and one from cylinder two lying on the top of the head between valve springs. A third, on cylinder 3, was off the valve stem and jammed between the spring and the raised head bolt located in the center intake side of the head.

All three have minor chips on the sides of the rocker surface but no scratches or any surface damage. 4 of the intake camshaft lobes have scratches which I polished out with 600 grit sandpaper to remove minor raised edges on the scratches.

The intake valve on cylinder 3 where the rocker was jammed is slightly bent so I orderd a new one. The question is, is it worth putting the head back together as is with new valve seals, etc. and hoping for the best? The engine has about 140K on it and it really is for use in a transportation car only. Replacing any more than I plan to at this point, which may include a new distributor, may not be worth it since I could buy a crated ZC for about $750.

When only my headgasket blew, I got a crated zc lol. But that was an excellent replacment for a d15b2. Thanks for posting your findings.

Last edited:
Back