Needin a lil help hookin up Boost controller

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lude68

Aight guys..Ive got a TurboXS manual boost controller and need a lil help installing it.. i didnt get any directions w/ it so...ya know... I have a 12 pound spring and need to turn it down to around 6-7 pounds(i was told it had that size spring in it but...they were definately wrong)..My setup is in my sig and just to let everybody know its an external wastgate....thanks for the help!

Originally posted by lude68@Feb 16 2004, 03:23 PM
Aight guys..Ive got a TurboXS manual boost controller and need a lil help installing it.. i didnt get any directions w/ it so...ya know... I have a 12 pound spring and need to turn it down to around 6-7 pounds(i was told it had that size spring in it but...they were definately wrong)..My setup is in my sig and just to let everybody know its an external wastgate....thanks for the help!

With a boost controller, you can only boost more than what the springs allows, you cant go below.

Yea thats what i thought...BUT i fig. it might help in some way..oh well...

pshhht boost controllers are for pussys, just shift when it hits a certain boost level... :D

but ya, buy a diff spring that should fixors it...

local hardware store should have one, get one that is softer than the one you have (i think) someone back me up on that... or hell call turbo XS

Originally posted by lude68@Feb 16 2004, 07:25 PM
a hardware store will have one?... you mean a spring for a wastegate right?...

what WG do you have? I dont think you can get wg springs at a hardware store.

lol yeah man.. don't go to the hardware store. lol call tial or whatever your wg it and get a 6psi spring if thats what you want.

or, buy some fuel and keep the psi :) :) :)

Originally posted by EF8_Fan+Feb 17 2004, 12:15 AM-->
@Feb 16 2004, 07:25 PM
a hardware store will have one?... you mean a spring for a wastegate right?...

what WG do you have? I dont think you can get wg springs at a hardware store.

I didnt think so either...but Idmaxguy was just like...go to the hardware store...b/c i didnt know where yall live..but where i am you can just run to town and pick up a spring!...lol..

Back