needing help on battery relocation in my civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondacivicguy05

i was tryin to find a goo place to relocate my battery in my civic i was goin to put it in the back but i have no room back there cause of my speaker box and i was tryin to put alil bit bigger battery in there to handle my system and i even have a power cap for my system so i'm tryin to figure out another good possiblity place to put it

i thought about that but that means i would have to get a new speaker box since the one i have in there takes up all the trunk space and my civic is an hatch so theres not alot of room back there

you might wont to do that i mean the box is prolly the wrong size if its taking up that much room. im my 91 hatch i put it off to the rear right side of the truck not in the tire well just up in the corner

well its a custom box and i hate to get rid of it but if thats what it takes i guess i will get another one and i got one more ? on the power cap i have for my system when you wire it up you run the pos. from the battery to it the take the ground and ground it to the body good and do you run your power wire for the amp right off the power cap pos. or do i have it wired up wrong cause my lights still dim some

sounds like you have it wired up right, its just capacitors are pretty much useless. If you have a bass note that hits for more then a second you're going to drain what little saved up juice you had in the cap and your lights are going to continue to dim regardless. theres a few ways to resolve your problem. You could do some of them, but all of these in conjunction should fix your problem with lights dimming for good . Get yourself a better battery with a higher cranking amperage and cold cranking amperage. You could either get the best battery you can find that still retains the original size of the stock battery so that it can remain in the engine bay. Or move it to the trunk and get an even larger battery with higher amperage. Get yourself a high output alternator. and upgrade any of the major grounds and positive wires you can to a thicker lower gauge wire.

My understanding of the capacitors was to smooth out power in a large or high watt system, you dont need one unless you are into the 1200+ watt range. My amp is a 800 watt and i have a type R which ive run at 750 watts RMS and ive never had a spike, just dont use 8 gauge cable for anything over 600 watts and your good. Looks like you need a smaller box, what kind of sub is it, was the box custom? Was it tuned for the sub or the car?

thanks for the info i got a 4 gauge wire to the amp and the cap and i have a 1200 watt amp pushing 2 audiobahn 12 and the box is custom built fits perfect in my car and sounds real good i just have them dimming part and was tryin to put a bigger battery to help out on that and then put a higher voltage alt. on it later

i'm goin to do both the original pos. and neg. wires to a 4 gauge wires this week sometime but still got to figure out where i can put the battery at

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to relocate it? Is it just something you want to do? Or is there logic behind it?

well i was goin to put a bigger battery in it to help out with my dimming lights cause by my system because the one that in there is small as hell and it don't take much to make the lights dim and i'm goin to replace the alternator down the road

I had the stock alternator, and stock battery in the stock location with my 2 12s and 1100 watt amp, and the only time I had dimming lights was when i had it up over half.. Course then my front window was vibrating as well.

Moving the battery doesnt really matter. You can fit an optima red top in the stock location.

thanks thats probably my best bet to do when i got my system up about half way my rear side windows act like the are fixing to break and the roof rattled like crazy till i fixed it and its enough to make your ears hurt

you need to up grade your alternator to a high amp alternator any thing else you do is just masking the problem of the alternator being to small. your lights only dim because your system is pulling to many amps and the aternator cant keep up. puting in a larger batt or 2 or 3 bats will anly make the problem harder on your alternator because now when you drain your big battery with your system because the alt couldnt keep up it has to work harder trying to power your system and charge the dead batt/batts do your self a favor take back you cap and use the money for relocating your batt geting biger batt and your cap and get a big alternator
here is a link to what you should think of doing also you will need to upgrade your grounds and power wire off the alternator due to the higher power output

ok i will probably do that i got another alt that came off off a civic that had all power windows locks and sunroof would that work or not but i'm still goin to buy a new optima battery to go in it and my power cap i have had it for a couple of years now so i out of luck on it i will probably just leave it hooked up wheres its at and not mess with it thanx for all the help yall are giving me

no stock alternators are 60-75 amp you need one much bigger trust me you dont really need the optima but if you are dying to have it then get it

Back