needles on ex cluster not lighting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM_EK9R

all motor
car = 97 civic cx hatch
cluster = 96 civic ex with tachometer

for some reason the needles are not lighting up. everything else is working perfectly except for the needles not lighting up. cant see anything at night. anyone have any idea why?

what do you mean in the cluster somewhere? missing bulbs maybe? I just installed the cluster an hour ago and the needles dont light up but on my old cluster without the tacho the needles lit up -=/

naa they dont light up,,yea in the back of the cluster and in the top there are little bulbs check them also check your dimmer switch to make sure its not off

i noticed one thing with the cluster. in the back with the harnesses, the ex it came out of had 2 small plugs. in my harness there is only one small plug. would that have something to do with it? probably not. ill go check the dimmer now...

ill check them tomorrow. its 1:30am and i am beat. im gonna hit the pillow. ill do it tomorrow night after work and see what happens. its probably just missing bulbs maybe. you said check fuses....which fuses? i dont think i have the fuse cover =/ lemme know...

Gauge bulbs

I had this same thing happen to me when I installed a B18C into my 96 EX Coupe. The front faces of the gauges are illuminated by two bulbs on the top of the cluster. They are fed from the back-light bulb socket in between the tach and the speed-o via wires running along the back of the cluster. The stock bulbs can be removed from their sockets and swapped around to get you working good enough to get to the parts store. The Wagner bulbs I bought at NAPA will not come out of the sockets so you may have to move some around to get all working. I bought bulbs from Honda later so they all would be the same type and the same age.

Back