Neptune Rtp on the way!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

killercannible

The first step of my turbo build is in the mail. Wide band next week, then its time to build a motor. Between then and now i am gonna tune my B16 and get some cams and valve springs. The only question i have is about the interchange-ability of maps between neptune and crome pro. Both programs offer the same options and capabilities. However, i had my friend send me the map he uses on his turbo teg and i couldn't get it to convert. He uses crome pro and the file for the map is a BIN file, neptune is an ncl file. Anyway to convert? Probably won't need to because neptune comes with quite a few stock maps but i figure it might be use full.

you cannot convert or use neptune maps on crome or vice versa.

and i was under the impression that only neptune dealers could get the tuning software.

^ :werd:

you're not going to be using his map on different software, and you certianly aren't going to be using neptune at all. only the tuner will.

I have neptune rtp in my ecu right now. Your right it won't run crome maps. But i am using neptune, i ran it on my laptop today. Downloaded a p30 basemap and adjusted the ignition timing a little with the help of my friend who has crome. Also set up my launch controll and Cel shift light. Thats all i can do now untill my wideband shows up probably next week. I am confused as to why you think i can use neptune only a tuner can?

Before, IIRC, only their dealers/tuners had access to the software. I don't know about now. If you have a burner or emulator; you can still use Crome. Crome and Neptune are just computer programs that do pretty much the same thing; translate codes amd add codes so you can change variables, etc(make the ECU do what you want it to do).

edit: just looked at the "RTP" and it looks like it's just added hardware to the stock ECU and software to control it.

Last edited:
Also, I should add, the RTP hardware could also just be something like a emulator that is installed inside the ECU. Crome supports RTP also with the use of Ostrich emulator or any other emulator.

A good friend of mine has an EG with an h22 swap turbo'd. He's running neptune and has the RTP *real time programmer* Its great, so much you can do. If you have any questions about it, lemme know if i cant figure it out ill give him a call. I was gonna run hondata s300, but since ive played with neptune *and is basically the same price* im going with neptune.

Yeah, i'm in love with it and its still being developed so it can only get better. I talked to a new friend of mine who's a tuner and he thinks the hardware should be able to support crome software as well as neptune.

Back